deep water culture dwc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tcooper1 said:
I have 600 MH for veg and 1000 hps for bloom and 2 5ft.T5's in each room. Temps at 80 F. My nutes are Vita grow.I got them though the hydro place.My ph is 6.0-6.5.My humitity is around 40% or less somtimes.My room size is..... Veg room..6x6 and my Bloom is the same. One of the people that was helping me said that I needed a res.1 5 gal. bucket res.per 3 DWC buckets.I have 1 plant per 5 gal set up with basket airpump.. that rock marble stuff.. ect ect.He also said they would not grow without one.I am not sure I understand right.How do you use the same bucket for a res.?Do you need a water pump?Or do you just use the stone?There is so much info out there about growing and so many opinions that it gets confusing.One person will tell yes do it and the next will tell you no dont it will kill your plants.My goal is to have 9 DWC so I can do 3 in at a time.Thank you all so much for your help.I learn so much from all of you.

Keep that Ph 5.8-6.2. Gravity will will let you use a bucket as a controller. The res can be as big as you want as long as you have a float valve on the controller at the level you want the water. Hook the res to the float valve and there you go. I connect all the buckets together like a "gen hydro water farm" and use a pump at the last bucket to pump back to the res so the water circulates. If you do that you can use only one resevoir and one controller. If you have questions I can take some pics. Good luck

Stunzeed..

Thank you so much for your help!!!! If you could pics would be great.....I like to look at pics it helps.....again thank you so very much

I am sorry if I am asking stupid questions but I want to make sure that I do it right this time.
1.Do you have to have a float valve?
2.How do you hook the valve up.I think of a toillet...you have to push the handle down to make the water come back into the tank....so I am not sure how that all works???
3.Do you have to use black hosing and bucket?
4.And you mention that to put the pump in the last bucket...do you mean the last plant bucket or the res. bucket?
5.How much of a drip do you set the dripper thingy at? Is it a constant drip?
6.Insread of the rock things that comes with the buckets.can I use marbles? I read it on this site that it was being done by a person...What do you think about useing marbles?
I wish you coould do a diagram of a step by step.....hey can that be done....
that would help alot...I cant find one on the site or the google.
Thank you so very much for all you help.....I am excited about doing it the right way this time.
Also The plants that I planted without a res. and the are still alive and have roots on them and sort of growing..I mean they are small but healthy.They should be alot bigger by now....Anyway can I keep them and just hook up a res.?Plan on going out and getting the things I need to hook everything up as soon as I get all the info on WHAT WHERE AND HOW......LOL....I just want to make sure that I do it right this time......I can not thank you all enough.....I am hugging all right now....well those of you that dont mind being hugged...lol

again thanks so much and stay safe.

1 Yes buy the float valve. Costs 7 or 8 bucks.
2. Yes
3. Drill a hole in the side of the bucket. It has a screw that goes through the hole and a nut to secure it. The hose goes over the protruding nut and the water passes through.
4. Yes because it keeps the light out and the algae from growing.
5. Marbles are fine but during the early stages gotta make sure your water level is higher to keep them moist till the roots start hanging. I like the clay pellets. They hold air and a little moisture better than marbles. For me at least.

Good luck

Stunzeed..

Latest posts

Back