Deer Deturrents

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iv had luck with strategically placing salt blocks in my woods.
i get 4 and make a half circle ith them with a 200yard circumference
the plants where in what would be the center of the full circle.
totaly changed their rout.
wasnt growing pot at the time though

you want an honest to god method that works, may be disgusting but it works and it works well, how do i know this works, well i own my own nursery and i use this 2 times a week, i used to get taken for about 5grand in plants from the deer. so i know it works. anway.
have your girl piss on an old sock and hang em around your plants, deer do not like the phermones.

gust use soap in a pantyhose and hang it up and thay whant have harly noting come by it will put out a human sint

DankCloset said:
you want an honest to god method that works, may be disgusting but it works and it works well, how do i know this works, well i own my own nursery and i use this 2 times a week, i used to get taken for about 5grand in plants from the deer. so i know it works. anway.
have your girl piss on an old sock and hang em around your plants, deer do not like the phermones.

tell it rains than it will wash away:tokie:

Try human hair, works for me with kangaroos.

spread human hair all around your plot,

Regards

Blowfly

Hey Im not sure if you have every heard of it... but there is a product called "Liquid Fence". We sell it at my garden center, It really works on keeping away both rabbits and deer. I sell hundreds of gallons a year and still havent had a complaint yet. It also does NOT get washed off by rain as long as it is applied when it is dry outside.

Okay, I know this isn't a 'deterent' (sp?) but...

Instead of putting young (small and defenseless. o the horror!) plants in the ground, put 'em in the air. I usually start my seeds indoors and sprout them in jiffy peats, then I put them outside when they get their second (sometimes I get silly and do it when they get their first) set of leaves.

Take a 2 liter soda bottle (try to stay away from the clear ones), cut it in half. In the bottom half, place your sprouted jiffy peat in spagum peat and vermiculite. Fit the top half over it and duct tape in place (throw away the cap).

Now tie some string around the top. Find a good size pine sapling, bend to down and tie the bottle to the top. Ease that sucker up ('cause there ain't nuthin' gonna make you cry faster than watching your baby go sailing over the horizon).

The height keeps it away from critters, and the bottle protects it from the elements while allowing it to get plenty of sun and moisture.

Hi,
im a first time grower and im on a low budget would it be good to just start a seed in the ground and give it water?

Heh, what i do is i take stakes and put 4 around the vacinity my plants are in. Take some kinda string, rope, twine, wax wire, anything. Just tie make a square around the 4 stakes in the ground and do 1 an inch off the ground and 1 more string line 6 inches above the first string you put down. It will stop the hogs and deer that are out here.

Not really worried about it though, i grow in a hunting club on a far edge that's a mile from a trail, no one goes in that area and they spread feed off the main trails to attract animals, so with my set up and the feed attracting the animals to other places, i'm not worrieda t all.

yeah but if the deer is hungury enought your not going to stop if from munching on your plants thats a fact thats why i grow a food plot year around they dont want to eay my plants just the corn soybeans and clover lol

exactly, so witht he fence like thingy and all the food that's put out it'll keep them away from my plants, never had any deer, rabbit, or bog problem since i started using the fence. i had a hog problem my second year, got a whole plant. But the fence helps a lot and they're off eating corn lol.

We always piss around the plants everytime we visit them or you can piss in a jug and then spread that around them. Something else we do is take a gallon of milk and let it set outside and sour and then pour that around them. Those things usually do a good job at keeping the herbivores away.

You can do all of those things on the cheap but they also sell this stuff in wal mart in the fertilizer area that is an animal deterrent and it actually has a deer running on the label.

Latest posts

Back