Deputies discover grow house surrounded by barbed wire, electrical shocking devices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Marijuana grow houses aren't new to the Hernando County Sheriff's Office, but the one deputies discovered Thursday caught them a little off-guard.

The 56 marijuana plants totaling $150,000 were protected by their own homegrown security system.

"People use different methods. Some use vicious dogs. Others, as in this case, use booby traps," Sheriff Al Nienhuis said.

The booby traps include barbed-wire strung around trees about shin level, nails sticking up on boards under windows to keep people from climbing in, and electrical wiring on the front steps and hand-railings to shock anyone who made it to the obstacle course's final level.

"Here's somebody who wasn't just growing marijuana, they were actively trying to hurt somebody," said Sheriff Nienhuis.

The grow house discovery took neighbors by surprise.

"People tend to move out into rural areas for their privacy, so I didn't want to be a pushy neighbor and stick my nose where it wasn't wanted," said a neighbor who did not want to be identified. "I saw them several times drive by, but they never stopped and introduced themselves like several other of the neighbors have."

hxxp://tinyurl.com/3sxvrso

Glad the neighbors didn't try to bring over a welcome basket.... OUCH!!!!

Latest posts

Back