diffference in lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

city

Reaction score
HI all and thanks for checking this out.
Thanks for all the knowledge on here!!
i do have a quick question.
I know that flours have different spectrum and have found good info for it for which bulbs to use when.
im looking at going to HPS but i dont know about the spectrums with those bulbs. do they put out all spectrum all the time.. do i need to switch bulbs for veg and flower?

MH or a "enhanced" spectrum hps are reputed to be 'better' for vegging, but in my experience, there is little significant difference in the final results.. IMO.
I've used both mh for entire grows, anf hps. HPS seems to promote a little stretxhing during veg, and mh seems to produce 'slightly' less compact, dense buds. But either will suffice, with a little extra technique implored.

welll i planned on using my t5 thru the veg. no since in wasting it. and the hps for flower. anything wrong with that? and so i need a specific bulb for the hps 600w when i do the veg

t5's recieve great reviews for veg'(never used em myself).. "IMHO" the "conversion bulbs" are not worth the extra cash that they fetch.

hick is right about floro veg. i use 12 T12's to veg with and a 1000w HPS to flower.the floros produced outstanding results for my first grow and in fact i am still vegging under those lights.IMHO i think floros have an edge over HID lights for veg in the right conditions.chech out my floro grow link below.

ok. i understand florfor Veg. thats not my question. i want to know what hps bulb i should use for flower.

any HPS will work because the chemical makeup of the bulb burns to emit a light spectrum temperature of 2,700 degrees kelvin...perfect for budding MJ.:D

hI GUYS, i'M NEW TO THE FORUM, BUT HAVE SOME GOOD KNOWLEDGE. fLUOROS WILL COME IN EITHER COOL (BLUE) OR WARM (ORANGISH) COLORS.
USE COOL COLORS IN VEG AND WARM IN FLOWERING. HPS ARE ALWAYS WARM. SOME HIGH END HPS ALSO HAVE A LITTLE BLUE IN THEM SO YOU CAN USE THE SAME BULB FOR VEG. METAL HALIDE'S ARE ALWAYS COOL COLOR WHITE-BLUE. HPS ARE ALWAYS YELLOWISH TO ORANGE.
YOU DON'T ANY BLUE WHILE IN FLOWER. AND YOU NEED NO RED IN VEG

city said:
welll i planned on using my t5 thru the veg. no since in wasting it. and the hps for flower. anything wrong with that? and so i need a specific bulb for the hps 600w when i do the veg

That is the set-up I use. I have a 4 tube 4 light T5 that I use to veg and a 1000W HPS for flowering (I have 2 rooms). I have a 400W MH that I do not use anymore. I just didn't notice significant differences between the MH and the T5 in growth rate and internodal spacing. Cooling the vegging closet is a piece of cake, even when outside temps are 100+.

You can either veg entirely with your T5s, get a MH conversion bulb for your HPS or veg with HPS. I think you will be pleasantly surprised with what the T5 can do. I was a die-hard HID proponent, until I used the T5.

Latest posts

Back