digital ballasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
Someone just told me that digital ballasts weren't meant for running 24 hours straight. Is this true???

Iv ran my 1000w digital ballasts 24hrs aday for months at a time with no problems

all electronics are meant to run until they're shut off. an electronic ballast is no different then a desktop pc. i urge all owners to open up the case and clear the dust out with compressed air after every grow. maintaining electronics is all about keeping it clean.

ShOrTbUs said:
all electronics are meant to run until they're shut off. an electronic ballast is no different then a desktop pc. i urge all owners to open up the case and clear the dust out with compressed air after every grow. maintaining electronics is all about keeping it clean.

Glad to know this!! They"re expensive..

Thanks , pp and stb :)

ShOrTbUs said:
That is an excelent point. If they can be accessed, they should definitely have the dust blown out periodically :)

Latest posts

Back