fan control

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain23

Reaction score
hello all,
so i was wondering i been reading and watching stuff on what to do..lolo so i was setting up my fan and im curious as to how i should run it , do i use the temp. controler and set the temp i want and tht will do whts it suppose to? or do i have it just run 24/7? or do i have it on the timer with my light? any insight will be cool thx also i was wondering about water can i fill a like 5 gallon bucket with water and let it sit till time to useor should i just let it sit 24hrs and then use it? thx

Last edited:
Me personally I set mine for humidity but we may be in different parts of the country. Basically I keep mine at 60 percent the majority of the time. I assume you mean the exhaust fan

which fan?
intake , exhaust , or move stuff around fans?

when I grew indoors , about 64 years ago , intake and exhaust were run by a controller to keep humidity and temperatures steady

move around fans ran about 27-7 and we used the oscillating up down all around fans

Me personally I set mine for humidity but we may be in different parts of the country. Basically I keep mine at 60 percent the majority of the time. I assume you mean the exhaust fan
yes exhaust and im the northeast ,Mass.

which fan?
intake , exhaust , or move stuff around fans?

when I grew indoors , about 64 years ago , intake and exhaust were run by a controller to keep humidity and temperatures steady

move around fans ran about 27-7 and we used the oscillating up down all around fans
exhaust, someone said i didnt need a intake fan? but i think the controller i got is for the temp not humidty do i need to get another one?

better let the tent people chime in , I never did tents , only grow rooms with 8-10 1000 watt bulbs and I needed all the help I could get , temps , humidity , and air exchange were keys to a successful indoor harvest

what size is your tent and how many plants are in it?

I am in central MA. I have a 3x3x6.5 ft tent. I use a 4” exhaust fan with no intake fan. If I upgrade, I will get a 6” exhaust fan. I use LED’s(crappy blurple ones) when I use my tent so heat isn’t as much of a concern as it is to a grow like bigsur is talking about. 8-10 1000 watt HPS lamps will get a room hot enough to cook meat without really good air exchange(I am exaggerating a bit). The room temp and humidity where your grow space is will have a lot to do with the environment your grow space has. A window AC or central air will help control both temp and humidity inside your grow space. Humidity being too high is much worse than too low so shoot for lower humidity. You may even need a dehumidifier depending on the room you are growing in(and the season). I envy the folks on here that grow in deserts. Summertime humidity will promote powdery mildew or bud rot if you don’t keep an eye on it.

better let the tent people chime in , I never did tents , only grow rooms with 8-10 1000 watt bulbs and I needed all the help I could get , temps , humidity , and air exchange were keys to a successful indoor harvest

what size is your tent and how many plants are in it?
yea tht sounds like fun.. but i think i got it but who knows lolo but i have a 2x4x80'' and i have 1 plant in it now and 2 others tht are not ggud but also my learning trees lolo and i have 3 on my porch my friend gave them to get started ,, so there kinda my learning process as i go but im about to start the seeds i bought so we will see.. #learn as i grow.. will be starting a journel also if i know how lmao thx

I am in central MA. I have a 3x3x6.5 ft tent. I use a 4” exhaust fan with no intake fan. If I upgrade, I will get a 6” exhaust fan. I use LED’s(crappy blurple ones) when I use my tent so heat isn’t as much of a concern as it is to a grow like bigsur is talking about. 8-10 1000 watt HPS lamps will get a room hot enough to cook meat without really good air exchange(I am exaggerating a bit). The room temp and humidity where your grow space is will have a lot to do with the environment your grow space has. A window AC or central air will help control both temp and humidity inside your grow space. Humidity being too high is much worse than too low so shoot for lower humidity. You may even need a dehumidifier depending on the room you are growing in(and the season). I envy the folks on here that grow in deserts. Summertime humidity will promote powdery mildew or bud rot if you don’t keep an eye on it.
nice what part of mass im in andover,ma rigght near the salem NH line.. but yea so far with no fan go and just a reg. oslating fan the humidty looks to be ok since i first put it in and the temp gets a lil high but someone also told me tht u can grown at high temp... but im reading and watching so much im all ova the place lolo,, so i guess hook it up with th temp controll see how tht does and then just try a diff way and get it tuned in a happy med.. thx

A 4” exhaust fan should be fine for a tent that size. Exhaust fans also bring in fresh air which is needed for plants in general. They use CO2 from the air in their process of growing. I had a 2x4x4 tent when I first started growing and the fan I had was a piece of junk but it was good enough for several grows. I was using a T5 lamp at the time and they are low heat lamps. I would recommend getting an exhaust fan. You plants will grow better.

I am outside of Woo-stah.

A 4” exhaust fan should be fine for a tent that size. Exhaust fans also bring in fresh air which is needed for plants in general. They use CO2 from the air in their process of growing. I had a 2x4x4 tent when I first started growing and the fan I had was a piece of junk but it was good enough for several grows. I was using a T5 lamp at the time and they are low heat lamps. I would recommend getting an exhaust fan. You plants will grow better.

I am outside of Woo-stah.
nice..oh i have everything i just trying to get the right or make sure im on the right track info.. i have a 205cfm fan , carb filter, i got a viparspetraxs200 led light and what everyelse ive been buying im probaly gunna order a bigger tent just because i dunno yet lolo .. woo stah isnt to far for a mentor, wink wink lolo thx

nice..oh i have everything i just trying to get the right or make sure im on the right track info.. i have a 205cfm fan , carb filter, i got a viparspetraxs200 led light and what everyelse ive been buying im probaly gunna order a bigger tent just because i dunno yet lolo .. woo stah isnt to far for a mentor, wink wink lolo thx
I was able to supply myself, my wife and 2 smokestack teenaged sons(and I suspect their friends too) with weed for a few years using my 2x4x4 tent(and a 4 bulb+2 bulb T5 light fixture). I suggest you get accustomed to the tent you have and expand if needed. You can get a few harvests per year growing photoperiods(more(5 or 6 I think) if you grow autos). The best I ever did in my 2x4x4 was 10 ozs if I recall correctly but that was a 14 week flower strain(coulda gone longer). I am a baby-steps kinda person. It is good to learn small scale and work up from there. If you are growing to supply others, your results may vary.

Starting a journal is a good idea. You will get a lot of eyes on your grow. Pics will help as the eagle eyed members can spot problems before they become big problems.

My wife and I are partial to hitting Salisbury Beach a half dozen times in the ‘summah’. She would push me out of the car on 495 if I suggested a detour to Andover though…😁

Starting a journal is a good idea. You will get a lot of eyes on your grow. Pics will help as the eagle eyed members can spot problems before they become big problems.

My wife and I are partial to hitting Salisbury Beach a half dozen times in the ‘summah’. She would push me out of the car on 495 if I suggested a detour to Andover though…😁
lolo

Latest posts

Back