Dispenaries refuse medicine grown by members

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
The clubs in my area are nothing more than profit centers masquerading as "non-profit patient collectives" that claim to be all about compassion...etc...blah blah blah.

They'll sell you the clones, but won't accept the medicine you grow for the collective. Whenever I buy clones, I check the club menu and then try to buy the clones for whatever strain they have. I've had them tell me flat out that they cannot accept medicine grown by members who volunteer to use the club's clones. This contravenes Prop 215 both in spirit and letter.

My solution: To grow meds and share it with other patients for whatever they can afford.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
Is the collective a "Top Shelf" collective? Do they allocate 20$ 1/8s or less? I know there are different types of collectives. Some dont accept new vendors, some wont allocate your "quality" of medicine, and some just dont need any more average meds to fill their shelves with. I am NOT attacking your growing skill level. I have no idea what your quality of meds are.

BUT i do know this: I allocate meds to clinics, I allocate clones to others. I would not be to happy (personally) if a owner went and got the same meds that i grow - from a new grower that purchased MY CLONES. Huge conflict of interest. Why would he want to deal with another person for the same product (in any type of business). It wouldnt make sense unless yours blew what they already had out of the water. Only hape at that clinic is to bring in a new strain they dont already have, or to try to allocate to other clinics.

:peace:
 
D

dman1234

Guest
You'll never get rich trying to grow and sell to dispenceries.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
:yeahthat:'s the point dman. Hence "not-for profit"... hey i get compensated for some nutes, i dont really care how much i get for it. to little$ and I keep it. :)
orangesunshine said:
REALITY STRIKES AGAIN---ain't it a *****---careful that club isn't selling you autos as well---guaranteed that is their policy cause the are a monopoly---growing and selling their own stuff---or---have a network of growers already in place---kinda funny they won't buy their own stuff though huh---you probably don't wan't a receipt from such a shady operation anyway---be safe---:48:
:confused:

Club selling auto clones?? Dude, that is not possible. Do you realize that an auto clone will never veg. You cant clone autos. ;)
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
OGKushman said:
Is the collective a "Top Shelf" collective? Do they allocate 20$ 1/8s or less? I know there are different types of collectives. Some dont accept new vendors, some wont allocate your "quality" of medicine, and some just dont need any more average meds to fill their shelves with. I am NOT attacking your growing skill level. I have no idea what your quality of meds are.

BUT i do know this: I allocate meds to clinics, I allocate clones to others. I would not be to happy (personally) if a owner went and got the same meds that i grow - from a new grower that purchased MY CLONES. Huge conflict of interest. Why would he want to deal with another person for the same product (in any type of business). It wouldnt make sense unless yours blew what they already had out of the water. Only hape at that clinic is to bring in a new strain they dont already have, or to try to allocate to other clinics.

:peace:
Don't sweat it. I'm not that sensitive, so I didn't think you were denigrating my growing skills. A couple things come to mind. First, by what criteria are meds measured or judged? In other words, define "quality". The guys I learned from are big outdoor growers and they absolutely laugh at the way these dispensary evaluate herb.

I remember when all the weed in CA came from outdoor sources, either Canada or Humboldt county. It was piney, sticky and an absolute knockout.

First, I'd have to say that I'd take my harvest up against anything with a donation of $50 or less. I grow outdoors now, so I already know to expect a lower donation price, which in my opinion is absurd. I don't want to argue indoor versus outdoor, but suffice it to say that I personally prefer to smoke outdoor cannabis. Somehow, the dispensaries are convincing people that indoor Kush is worth $70 an 1/8th. It's almost as absurd as the 30 different flavors they offer. Dispensaries routinely rename a crop to fit their inventory needs. I've seen my Bubba Kush renamed "Strawberry Cough".
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
doncapo said:
Don't sweat it. I'm not that sensitive, so I didn't think you were denigrating my growing skills. A couple things come to mind. First, by what criteria are meds measured or judged? In other words, define "quality". The guys I learned from are big outdoor growers and they absolutely laugh at the way these dispensary evaluate herb.
Well i am sitting on the other side laughing at the "big outdoor growers".

Gas Chromatography is something you and your grower buddies should look into. Strive for 20%thc. Get it in writing, then see how quick itll be taken off your hands by the same clinics.
I remember when all the weed in CA came from outdoor sources, either Canada or Humboldt county. It was piney, sticky and an absolute knockout.

First, I'd have to say that I'd take my harvest up against anything with a donation of $50 or less. I grow outdoors now, so I already know to expect a lower donation price, which in my opinion is absurd. I don't want to argue indoor versus outdoor, but suffice it to say that I personally prefer to smoke outdoor cannabis. Somehow, the dispensaries are convincing people that indoor Kush is worth $70 an 1/8th. It's almost as absurd as the 30 different flavors they offer. Dispensaries routinely rename a crop to fit their inventory needs. I've seen my Bubba Kush renamed "Strawberry Cough".
I also remember when meds were "street weed". Ah so inconsistent and unknown of its origin. Mexico? Canada? Hmmm. I dont want either. Outdoor is a joke IMHO. Bugs, mildew, summer heat dude im laughing again.

Indoor hydroponic is a controlled enviornment full of electronic devices and very expensive nutrients that take a lot of power and $ to run. But the end result can be flawless.

Have i ever seen flawless outdoor? Nope.


Your frame of mind is not that of a medical grower. I have a college degree and a career in my field of choice. I work for a living and do not need marijuana to support me. I pay my bills, i pay my taxes. Therefore, i allocate my meds for COST and undercut a lot of other people looking to profit. Growing outdoor is free. So should the dirt that results from it.



The following has been my opinion alone and not meant to harm or attack any specific person or any style of growing. This is only my personal opinion.
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
You're derisive, self-congratulatory tone speaks volumes. You can characterize people however you want, but your biased in favor of indoor weed. It's simply a matter of personal choice.
 

ozzydiodude

Well-Known Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2008
Messages
9,143
Reaction score
4,328
IME people that put down outdoor grows and growing just have not learned how to grow out doors.
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
ozzydiodude said:
IME people that put down outdoor grows and growing just have not learned how to grow out doors.
Yeah, or they don't have access to land. I've done both, and frankly, indoor growing is too much hassle for what you get. Apparently, some people on this board think they're smarter than the sun and mother nature.

In the end, it doesn't matter because everyone has his own path to walk.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
doncapo said:
You're derisive, self-congratulatory tone speaks volumes. You can characterize people however you want, but your biased in favor of indoor weed. It's simply a matter of personal choice.
I am not ridiculing you. Its just our situation, i see it all the time. Visit 50 dispensaries in a few weeks then get back to us. Your views will change. Youll probably start stepping up your game and learn a whole lot in the process.

I did. :peace:
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
OGKushman said:
I am not ridiculing you. Its just our situation, i see it all the time. Visit 50 dispensaries in a few weeks then get back to us. Your views will change. Youll probably start stepping up your game and learn a whole lot in the process.

I did. :peace:
Ok, but you're proving my point. Generally, barring improperly curing, you simply cannot judge the potency of weed by looking at it. I judge weed by how it smokes and how it makes me feel. I've had crappy looking bud knock me on my ***, and I've also smoked that $70 stuff and not been very impressed. Ever heard of the principle of diminishing returns?

I don't doubt that you are dialed in with the dispensaries in your area. Good for you. Where I live, the city's politics has added to the growers' challenges, too. From a marketing perspective, you are right. It's about how weed "looks" and how the average pot buyer evaluates what he or she is buying.

For me, the proof is in the smoke, not the hype.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
Except you forgot that you cant legally test the meds before you buy in 99% of places. You cant test it they cant sample it; its that simple. All they have to go on is looks, or a GAS CHROMATROGRAPH PRINTOUT. So you NEED to play it differently dude. There are vendors that are also patients, and there are patients that are also vendors. Which one are you...?

Try this:
Waltz in, dont check out the meds, drop off a 1/8 in a medical paper bag with the name clearly marked and your contact info inside. Smile and sincerely thank them. Walk out.

Yea its wierd. But its how it works. Think of a new no name soap salesman, or a new beef jerky seller, etc...gotta get your name out there somehow.


So for the rest, the patients, the hype is what its all about. :)

:peace:
 
R

Roddy

Guest
The gas chromometer thingymabob spoke volumes to OG's stance...grow dope in the range of THC and quality they're looking for and you'll have no issues

ooops, think OG said it alot faster than my stoned mind could lmao
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
thank you roddy for suming it up so concisely. :) you pretty much blew the smoke out of a majorly clouded mind....:rofl:

if they want you, they will call

:48:
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
OGKushman said:
Except you forgot that you cant legally test the meds before you buy in 99% of places. You cant test it they cant sample it; its that simple. All they have to go on is looks, or a GAS CHROMATROGRAPH PRINTOUT. So you NEED to play it differently dude. There are vendors that are also patients, and there are patients that are also vendors. Which one are you...?

Try this:
Waltz in, dont check out the meds, drop off a 1/8 in a medical paper bag with the name clearly marked and your contact info inside. Smile and sincerely thank them. Walk out.

Yea its wierd. But its how it works. Think of a new no name soap salesman, or a new beef jerky seller, etc...gotta get your name out there somehow.


So for the rest, the patients, the hype is what its all about. :)

:peace:
Bro, I'm in Southern CA, and the market is flooded. Two years ago, I was getting $4,000/lb for indoor Bubba Kush. The city where I live has the dispensaries by the balls. I watched the corruption unfold and now the big dispensaries who greased city council have a monopoly.

As for the hype, I know for a fact that these dispenaries change the name of strains all the time, based on inventory needs. Tell me, you're a grower. Have you ever heard of "Strawberry Cough"? Well, I have and it came into existence around here when they decided to rename my Bubba.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
by majorly clouded i mean me. lol

and ozzy i dont want to go there with any member. I said some
words i dont mean to harm anyone with them. Some are happy being content and i applaud them for probably being able to sit still for more then five minutes lol...not me :D
Some grow for art some grow for fun, or for science, for health reasons, monitary reasons, no reason at all, some are short on space and some have plenty. Some refuse to pay for what the sun provides in exchange for battling the elements....i know and i honestly do not mean for my words to put anyone down anyway. I strive for the progression and advancement of medical marijuana.



We are all in this together lets not forget. :peace: brahs!
 

doncapo

Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2011
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
orangesunshine said:
REALITY STRIKES AGAIN---ain't it a *****---careful that club isn't selling you autos as well---guaranteed that is their policy cause the are a monopoly---growing and selling their own stuff---or---have a network of growers already in place---kinda funny they won't buy their own stuff though huh---you probably don't wan't a receipt from such a shady operation anyway---be safe---:48:
Yeah, I just think they should give their members a fair shake. I grow for myself and my friends.
 

Hick

Git "R" lit
Joined
Apr 19, 2005
Messages
12,839
Reaction score
12,620
Well, I'm not in CA, and here, no one is allowed to sell overages or product to a clinic/dispensary. They (dispensaries)"must" grow their own. (since July I believe, of last year) BUT,... prior to that, I can say without doubt, that of the half dozen or so dispensaries that "I" had transactions with. Not one could differentiate my OD "gack" from indoor hydro.
But ID or OD, prices have plummeted from the 4-5 k p/lb down to around 2000-2500. Though it isn't being reflected fully on the retail end. $10 p/g is about as cheap as I've seen anything, and $40 p/g for bubble hash.
"IMO" it's all for the better. You just di not see the mexican brown at ll anymore :). Quality is up and prices are down! :woohoo: good for the consumer, maybe not so much for the profiteeers.;)
 

NorCalHal

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
2,676
Reaction score
3,278
Step it up or get out. It is really that Simple.
First off, many of the older members here remember me slammin' outdoor quality over Indoor. That statement still holds true. Top end Indoor will allways beat outdoor in testing. Period.
Now, I have been privy to what great outdoor is all about, and man, Great outdoor beats the majority of indoor I see nowadays.
Bur OGKushman, great outdoor isn't just grown in "dirt" under the sun, and if you beleive that, you are kidding yourself my friend.
The amount of work involved in a great outdoor season is MUCH greater then an indoor run, trust me.
Quality is all about what you put into your grow. There are MANY factors in growing great herb, and the majority of folks really don't understand what it really takes. If growing isn't a part of your "lifestyle", then you will never acheive top end results, in either Indoor or Outdoor. I am watching high end outdoor fetch 2800 in clubs in L.A. That was on Friday.


Loyalty from dispensaries.....there is none man. It is a highly competitive business. If you let your "prized" strain out and sold clones to a club and a grower better then you bought them and produced your own herb better then you, then the dispensary owner would be doing his patients a disservice if he DIDN'T buy the better herb and put it on his shelf. Simple as that.
If you tell him off, he is not worried my friend, as there are 1000 folks waiting to take your place. Reality.

dman1234 said:
You'll never get rich trying to grow and sell to dispenceries.
But you can sure make a nice living.......

Strawbwerry Cough is an older strain that has been around for years, btw.
Marketing man, marketing. Half the time, good dispensaries will know your strain before you tell them, and half the time, they know better then most folks what they are growing.
Bottom line, if a dispensary wants to call the herb I flip him "Big Green Monkey Balls", then more power to him. It is HIS job to deal with his patients, not yours, and if you want that job, go open your own dispensary and give it a go. Be thankful that there are dispensaries that you can go and supply in a safe and secure manner, and not like the "old skool" ways of flippin' herb on the street. It's there dispensary man. They know thier customer base, and if they don't...then they will lose customers and end up shutting down.

The Dispensaries are being self policed by the customers they serve. That is why I am all for no restrictions on Dispensaries, let the BEST ones win. Let the "Patient" decide which dispensary is right for them.

Hick nailed it. Quality is up and prices are down. Crying wanna be dispensary vendors are getting pissed off and venting because noone wants to pay top ddoller for B grade herb. STEP IT UP.
I have been a Vendor/Drug Dealer/Pot salesman or whatever folks call me nowadays for a long time. Since '97. I love it. I love watching folks jump into the game and get thier butt handed to them because thier group of friends told them that they grow "great" herb. Apperently not. I am not tryin' to talk crap, but my phone blows up all day everyday from dispensary owners screaming for my herb. When I harvest, I have to think about who is going to get what, not IF they are going to take it. I have Dispensary owners coming from LA to my grows wanting to put cash deposits on what is coming down. Thats what I am talking about.
So, I stepped it up. That is why I am not on the boards too much anymore, because I am SLAMMED tryin' to keep up on demand. To supply, truly supply, Dispensaries with high end herb is exhausting to say the least.

The market is ever changing my friends, and NEVER get comfortable. If you want to seriously be a part of the industry, then you HAVE to look at it as your job, not just "sharing" your meds to clubs, those days are over.
 

OGKushman

Don’t eat that pancake.
Joined
Jul 18, 2009
Messages
2,930
Reaction score
2,150
hal while most of what you speak i believe, and i know i was belittling OD, i also know it takes work too and more then just dirt... BUT for your time effort and$, one could have had an easier, more exclusive, more potent, less bugs, higher yield per cubic foot, did i mention bugs?, hot summer days, heat waves killing plants and oxidizing THC on the plant, rain, freeze, jacked, animal deficate, animal eat, non smoker turn u in...i can go on and on

and i know there are plenty of problems that can happen with hydro...just not like they happen outdoor. Having to ride out the elements takes its toll. All my gc tests show less THC outdoor compared to indoor; for the same strain. While that may be fact, the truth is OD vs ID is subjective, its just my opinion, and others are entitled to their's.

I urge all to strive to be happy and not take to heart other peoples (specifically my) opinions about any strain or type.
 

Latest posts

Top