DIY -DWC systems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
I just paint the lid white because when the plants first go into flower and they are short, the lights are kept down close and a dark res would heat up a little more. Some I spray painted the entire thing white but I get the same benefit as doing just the lid because it is really the only part that receives direct light. I'm sure the omniflect would do the job.

I guess Ill have to paint.

looks good nice diy NYC.
im thinking about in the next few months
making the switch to hydro and this would be
the route id be taking. id make my own diy dwc.
probably just 4 plants in it

socbutter said:
I am going through the mental process of constructing a DWC system. I am thinking of using black buckets with pre-made net pot in the lids for individual control of each plant. Painting the lids white is an excellent idea!

Does the size of the bucket matter for the growth of the plant or is that govern by the light source? What about the net cups does size matter?

I am wondering since I will be using a wardrode closet that is 48inches wide x 24inches deep x 72inches tall. Stealth is a major priority. I'm thinking of painting the interior a High Glossy White.

I 'm a noob so please excuse the following questions:

Are the entire roots/net cups immerse in the water/nute mixture?

How often do you change out the water? or do the plants completely use the water so all you are adding are combine water-nute mixture to the appropriate level?

Still I do not know how high the water level should be??

I like using individual 5 gal buckets. This gives you the ability to control the nutes in each bucket and you can raise or lower buckets to keep an even canopy.

When I first put the plants into the net pots and do not have any roots showing through yet, I keep the water level slightly above the bottom of the pot. As the roots grow, I lower the water level, so part of the roots are in the water and part out of the water. When the plants have a good root system, I keep the water at about 3-3.5 gal in a 5 gal container.

The size of the net pot does not really matter. And as already mentioned, glossy white paint is not a good idea--flat white paint reflects far better. Remember, just because something looks like it is reflective to our eye, does not mean that it is (like foil and mirrors).

:yeahthat:

THG is 100% correct. I do however put multiple plants into one res with no issues. However, I run multiple resevoirs in my flower room. In one resevoir your plants must all be female clones of the same strain, and at the same size. This way the nutes that you put in your res wil be appropriate for all plants. Running multiple res's allows me to run multiple strains and plants at different stages of flower. If you put multiple plants in one res from seed, and then some show male, it will be impossible to remove the males because the roots will all be tangled in the res.

Latest posts

Back