DIY "Volcano" Vaporizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a pick of the "grotto" stick in action? I have been really interested in them. Definitely worried about dropping one because I don't know how many lighters hit the ground after the big one.

Dozingoffaroundthecorner said:
Do you have a pick of the "grotto" stick in action? I have been really interested in them. Definitely worried about dropping one because I don't know how many lighters hit the ground after the big one.

Sorry, but no. They are easy enough to use. You need a propane torch though.....You could use the flame from your stove, but the torch is much quicker...Get your bong setup and ready to go then you just place the globe of glass into the flame to heat it, rolling it back and forth a bit so as not to get one spot super hot and possibly warp it. When the ball of glass starts to glow red a bit, it's ready. Don't touch the bud with the glowing ball. The idea is to vaporize your bud. If you've got a hooka, this is the only way to go....of course you could touch the bud with it. It'll burn of course, but it still tastes a LOT better than the butane flame.
:bong:

What also about the heating element. From my research i have found that terpines start to vapourize at 260, but the actual psycho-active cannabinoids don't vapourize until atleast 370

massproducer said:
What also about the heating element. From my research i have found that terpines start to vapourize at 260, but the actual psycho-active cannabinoids don't vapourize until atleast 370

I've read the same....the temp of 250 is a starting point to avoid burning it since the accuracy of the gun's settings is questionable. You can tell when it's vaporizing. You'll see the bag become less clear a bit...hopefully not too much.

don't mind me, I just like to be the devil's advocate to make sure that you thought of everything.

Pretty cool

massproducer said:
don't mind me, I just like to be the devil's advocate to make sure that you thought of everything.

Pretty cool

:rolleyes: You'd think I'd get used to it.....my wife is the same way.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.;)

Well what I am going to try is pretty much the same setup except use an actual hookah and somehow change it into a vaporizer! Ill let u know if it goes anywhere

TpAIN said:
Well what I am going to try is pretty much the same setup except use an actual hookah and somehow change it into a vaporizer! Ill let u know if it goes anywhere

This may help you out....

hxxp://www.vriptech.com/product.htm

nice but you actually want it @ 350F @ least or else ur missing out on many great cannabinoids

And they use brass for wine cups etc for years, with no ill health affects. Also commonly used in plumbing as well with no ill affects, so I am pretty sure it would not harm you useing the brass for this. Great idea.

Thanks!

Peace

Life,
J-angel

papabeach1 said:
I do see what you mean,

why not do this..

empty 2 liter, cut the bottom off, the cap that goes on the top, make a hole and get a brass pipe bowl, make a hole on the cap, bowl go with the cap.... then get clean bread bag.. (merta bread bag), or trash bag

clean the inside bag and 2 liter, then attach the bag to the bottle, tape it all around duct tape works good, then put cap with bowl back to the bottle s twist.. okay first step, get cap with bowl off, suck the bottle up till the bag is completly under the bottle... then put the cap back on along with bowl... fire it up, pull the bag out of the 2 liter, u gonna have huge smokes, then get cap off.. suck it, bang u down big time!! its simple process..

We've always called this a gravity bong, gets you super huge hits like you described but is nothing like a vaporizer.

papabeach1 said:
I do see what you mean,

why not do this..

empty 2 liter, cut the bottom off, the cap that goes on the top, make a hole and get a brass pipe bowl, make a hole on the cap, bowl go with the cap.... then get clean bread bag.. (merta bread bag), or trash bag

clean the inside bag and 2 liter, then attach the bag to the bottle, tape it all around duct tape works good, then put cap with bowl back to the bottle s twist.. okay first step, get cap with bowl off, suck the bottle up till the bag is completly under the bottle... then put the cap back on along with bowl... fire it up, pull the bag out of the 2 liter, u gonna have huge smokes, then get cap off.. suck it, bang u down big time!! its simple process..

A few years back it was considered green to re-use bread bags then someone remembered the printing on them was lead based. Don't know if that's still the case but.... Unless you need lead in your pencil--:hubba: LOL

uhhhhh.

id **** my pants if the labels were made from anything but soy dyes.
Almost everything is colored with soy or other biologically derived chemicals. i actually remember from cul school there being some products with less nutritional value than the soy dye used to color the box.
lead?

Latest posts

Back