Do I want a glass pipe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SmokinMom

I prefer using a pipe because I am usually in a hurry. I have 2 metal ones but I notice lots of you prefer the glass variety.

Besides looking cool, what are the other advantages? Does MJ just hit better in glass??? Also does the pipe get hot when you're hitting it? Does it require any special care? Can it easily break? Do they use screens?

Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks. :D

the use normal screens.. or there are glass screens... the are cleaner tasting i find... some break easy.. others are made to last.. such as a quad blown one.... you can clean them using agent orange or 420 solution...
If you are looking for a good place..
www.liquidchrome.ca figure out what you would like.. then get at me on msn..

Hey ma,
I Had a glass pipe...past tense. B-Gift from my old lady. It was hot and I set it down and broke. :(
but to me...once you go glass you'll never go back. ;)

They don't get nearly as hot as a metal bowl. but you have to handle them with care.

Here is a site a ran across..they have some nice sets at pretty cheap prices.
http://www.glass-pipes-water-bongs.com/Super-Sets.html

yes i would have to say glass is 10 times better than a brass or what ever there made out of,i hate screens thats why i dont smoke out of the metal pipes,although glass has a higher chance of breaking its well well worth it and when it needs to be cleaned i just soak it in 99% iso over night in an air tight jar,they do get hot but its not as bad as you would think..:D:D
I WILL NEVER BUY A METAL PIPE FOR AS LONG AS I LIVE...
buy a glass piece:D

Okay thanks everyone.

But here's another question.

What should I avoid in a glass pipe?

Thanks.

when you buy a glass pipe.. make sure it is quad blowen.... then you wont need to worry about it breaking.. the site i linked to is a waterpipe superstore... and they have the best prices ive seen...

oh yeah you can get a way biger hit cuz the of the carb that metal pipes dont have...

Heh, i do prefer glass pipes over metal. I've had several of them. They're nifty for when you're on the go. I still prefer blunts though lol. But as long as you get a nice thick glass bowl, it wont be easily broken, just don't be clumbsy and drop it on lets say..a garage floor haha. (you should totally find time to smoke some browns, not whites, not pipes, browns! blunts for the win! haha.)

~Burn One~
Dewayne

to quote mutt, once you go glass you never go back.

i still say you should get one of those pipes from the first site i sent you, and just incase anyone else wants to check it out.... i'll link it.

http://www.glasscaketops.com/pipes.htm

definately get a nice glass one smokin...just make sure its not too thin, than it can break real easy...many upsides to glass though..browse around, pick one that you really like...you will not be disappointed with glass

make sure the hole in the bottom of the bowl is big enough, I've broken more than one trying to enlarge it. Also theres a nifty product called a Screen Buddy that is a strechy plastic piece (like a rubber) that fits over the stem of the pipe that holds a screen in it.

glass is much better than metal :D the only drawback is the breakage factor.. but so long as you're careful it should be fine and dandy.. when you get it though, youll taste a world of difference.. it seems that pot burned out of a glass pipe maintains its flavor all the way to the last toke, whereas metal, once youve sucked down the green hit the rest of the bowl has no real flavor to speak of (in my exp. at least..) i dunno why it tastes better out of glass but it certainley does, especially kind bud.. theres certain people who will only burn crippy out of glass just for the taste factor :D theres lotsa diff. designs too, from just the hand size spoons, to sherlock holmes bubblers n ****.. thats what i have :D its about a 6 inch long pipe part which leads to a big thick chamber that holds water, and your stem/bowl fits right in the top.. with a few ice cubes (as previously mentioned) it just dont get no better than that :D glass is the way to go! good luck

oooh oooh oooh I got a glass pipe that a friend made specialy for me , dont think this as sexual lmao but he a glass blower , it was awsome watching him make it , all the twists in it & such ... it does get resin(ed) (i guess thats the word) quickly but its great!! i'll upload a piccy of it but gotta find it first , i actualy got 2 from him but could'nt find the other last time i used them but yea these dont seem to break easy so guess i got the best deal ....Free is always the best deal though muhahahaha!!!!

watching em blow them is neat! thats a true freakin artform lol.. you really gotta know what youre doin to make a pretty one.. theres lotsa tricks of the trade.. lucky you though, a friend who blows pipes.. lucky duck :p

I started blowing glass a few months ago. It's definitely addicting. All I can wait for everyday is to get off work and hit the torch. I can't wait to get better to make some really nice stuff. But that takes years of practice.

:)
its great fun to watch , wish i could do it

Latest posts

Back