do Trichs show up late in the outdoors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bshack79

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have never grow outdoors before only indoors and by now I usually see some trichs... I am growing a good strain and it is budding great but I cant really see trichs like I normally would on an indoor... Is this because its outside.. ? will they come later..? any outdoor growers advise would be great...

Outdoors will take a little longer to display maturity as the light cycle is not a complete 12/12. Things should be well on the way however. I've had a few crops that just don't produce allot of trichromes also, and this could be your case. Harvesting after a rainy season or even a rainy few weeks can lead to less crystalization as well. And just for the record I've been working with a strain for years now that almost always starts late trichrome developement. It tends to turn out a little less potent but produces great and still packs a punch. Best of luck........

The crystals on the outer surfaces of the buds, tend to have their triches knocked or shaken out by the winds or rains which wash the triches . It is almost impossable to get triches covering the bud outside like you do indoors. I'm not saying it can't be done, just very hard to do.

so Ozzy.. is rain BAD for the buds.... its out in the rain as we speak.. should i put her under shelter when it rains and just water the roots from now on..

If you can move it under shelter do it, less water on the buds less chance of mold and rotting of the buds. Away try to shake the water off after a rain. to be safe.

I've been growing outside since I was in high school. The trichromes will come later. And, I don't know what you guys are talking about, rain doesn't knock crystals off, thc is not water soluable. So, unless it's a hurricane, or a super torrential down pour, your crystals are safe.

Ozzy, with the right nutes, you'll have crystal covered buds anywhere. I agree that you can get better coverage indoor, but mine are always crusty. You are right about shaking them off, though. If you can get to them after rain, it helps keep the mold down. Morning dew also.

just since i posted this a couple days ago I have really started to see some glistening crystals on my nugs.. especially the lower ones.. looks like you guys are right about them comming later...

Latest posts

Back