Do you need alternateing nodes to flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterblaster26

Reaction score
My question is do i need alternateing node's in order to put a plant on 12/12? I know you are supsose to wait but what would happen if i didnt

no you dont, some say that it will decrease harvest if you dont. it will for one plant but if you compare plants for an sog planted tight together you will yeild MORE gpw when time is in the equation....

It is the opinion of many very astute and knowlwdgable growers, that flowering early, prior to sexual maturity, negatively effects both yield and potency... I happen to be of that school.. :)..
but I regress,.. a lot of the folks around here say I do everything, all wrong. Trouble is, I been doing it wrong for longer than most of them have been alive with 'better than average' results.. :p

a lot of the folks around here say I do everything, all wrong.
I think you're right on. I think it's best to wait for alternating nodes but I don't always follow that rule. Impatience mostly:).

If it works don't try and fix it, unless your crazy like me and needs to take it all apart and break it in the doing, just to find out how it works...

Hick said:
a lot of the folks around here say I do everything, all wrong.

Hehe Hick - Don't get a complex about that - opinions are like a-holes. Everybody's got one. I tend to believe and share the facts of what I have experienced myself. Some are born to argue with a mud fence and that's just the way they are.

I appreciate your input and believe everything you write is based on your experience or proven experience of others. How can one dispute that?

Disagreements are going to be a given, and I really think most of them are due to "keyboard lag". Miscommunication due to talking through a computer terminal instead of face-to-face.

On this thread topic, I tried 12/12 from seed, and I am convinced that the plant likes more veg time, at least until sexual maturity, before being tossed into flower.

:farm: I heard it said, but never paid any attention to it. I just sex em(clones or seedlings) when I think they are strong enuf, usually 2 -3 weeks after sprouting roots. :ignore:
That said, I do a regen and the yield gets better each time, but I grow them bigger, eh?? Soooo, it makes sense that if you veg longer, you get a bigger plant, and a bigger plant yields more.
:doh:

I would have to agree with Hick and Pot Belly on this, I think that it is always a good idea to veg your mother plant until sexual maturity. Once your mom reaches maturity, you can use the clones to SOG, SCROG or whatever you do.

Another thing to remember is that when a seed company states to veg for 2 weeks or whatever, they are speaking of a clone taken from a muture mother.

Anything I have grown 12/12 from seed, has shown alternating nodes sooner or later. IMHO this means the plants are mature when I harvest them.

The only negative aspects for me growing 12/12 are, a higher percentage of males, and plants are, obviously smaller. However I find that the advantages more than make up for this .... in my situation.

The way I look at it is, you're just speeding up puberty ;)

Hey Runby - I knew you'd peek your head in on this one.

Glad to see this thread staying somewhat civil. :p

All plants have shown sex for me before 40 days of veg. Let em show on their own and then flip the cycle imo.

Ganging up on me now eh ? Now seen what you've done Pot Belly :hitchair:

Runbyhemp said:
Ganging up on me now eh ? Now seen what you've done Pot Belly :hitchair:

Hehe, I'm of Irish descent. But my ancestors relocated to the new world when the potatoes quit on them many years ago.;) I have learned to control my Irish temper and only stir the pot every once in a while.:p Only when it really matters.;)

PB:)

Latest posts

Back