does the leafs and bud need to be dry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
skullcandy said:
thanks THG I will need a new oven for that mine starts at 200 and
i read that the thc starts melting at 100 degress.

I just noticed this post. Where did you read that THC starts "melting" at 100 degrees? I just don't believe that can be true. It is somewhere around 350F or something like that.

well it could be melting, i too am not sure about the melting or evap temp of thc, but even if it does melt a little bit its really not a big deal it will collect on the leafs still, its not like there is so many crystals on the leafs that it will run off like flowing water, if anything it may give a more even coating or be sucked into the opening pours on the drying leaf, who knows lol... the temp you DO need to worry about is the evaporation temp of THC, how hot does it need to get for the crystals to not only melt but get so hot they evaporate into its gas form, at this point youll lose thc count, but simply melting those tiny tiny little bulbous hairs wont make it flow off and be lost.
would be interesting to do some reading on it... maybe another night

lol that was the easiest search EVER and it linked back to this Forum site HAHAHA

thanks to HippyInEngland on 09-22-2009, 05:10 AM

THC has a boiling point of 200°C (392°F). However before the THC boils, other parts of the oil evaporate and boil.
Here are some important temperatures:
At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending a pungent odor to the air.
At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.
At 39°C (102°F ) virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.
At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.
At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.
At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.
At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.
Just info.
:peace:

sunakard2000 said:
At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

:peace:

so ideally you want to be between 122 & 150?

Latest posts

Back