Dripping system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenmary87

Reaction score
My dripping system is leaking and spilling water all over my wood floors! I don't mean a small drip I mean leaking. There is nothing I can put under it to stop it either, it just fills up with water again and I have to buy more distilled water which gets a little expensive. The system is a dripper system that keeps the rockwool moist and underneath the drippers there is a tub that holds the water. I have a picture that my friend took of her system it's the same as mine. Do you think my plants would die if I turn the dripper system off and just relied on thier roots to absorb nutes/water from the tub of water?

Picture 013.jpg

Im not a hydro guy.But IMHO i would turn the drip off just until you fix your dripping problem.Make sure that the roots stay in the solution.And by that time another member thats into hydro will hopefully jump in and help>good luck!!!

Why not just put something under there to catch the water.. as long as the rockwool is moist to the touch thats fine,

remember if the parts of the cube you can touch are moist and stay moist, the inside will be fine, so if you can lower the ammount of water you give it to exactly what it needs, no more no less, you can probably catch the drippings and be done with it..

It's a bit hard to just give it what it needs when all the water has leaked out. The drippings are not just drippings- they are leaks. Distilled water is way too expensive to just have to keep refilling because of the leaks. There is nothing small enough to fit in there to catch the leak that won't overflow and cause it to leak anyway. Thank you for the help though the_riz.

Why don't you fix the leak? It can't be that difficult. Can it?

Okay how do I fix it? It's a rubber dripping system. I know I should cover the leak area but with what? I used black wire tape and the water escaped anyways just at a different end. Thank you by the way.

rubber silicone or the ploming paste you can find those in homedepot just ask them what the ygot for leaks tell them its for rubber house

ok so like brouli sais you can use any kind of trade tape such as in the car trade you could try using "gun gum" which is used for taping up small holes in muffelers although its not waterproof its highly adheseive, and as opposed to gun gum tape you could use radiator hose tape, any car parts shop.. or for awkward corner leaks you could try some silicone sealent intended for radiator joins..

You can get rid of the drippers completely. Get an air pump and air stones, put them in the water below the plants, and have the plant roots grow into the water reservoir.

Latest posts

Back