Dropping green leaves fast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She doesn't look as good today as I expected. A simple under watering thing usually cures in hours from when you water it. This has been 24 hours. So, there must have been some kind of damage done.

I will need to aerate again before watering next time. I think I should find a pan that fits and let it drink from the bottom for a few waterings. Anyone agree with that one?

The buds are coming along okay for only 2 1/2 weeks into flowering. No frosting yet. ;)

View attachment 082814kushmotherswilt-1.jpg

View attachment 082814kushmotherswilt-2.jpg

View attachment 082814kushmothersbuds-1.jpg

View attachment 082814kushmothersbuds-2.jpg

That doesn't look too bad to me. I think they are doing better. They are very bushy to say the least. It isn't surprising that they would lose some of the lower leaves that aren't getting much light. If any issues arise, those lower leaves that don't get as much light will be the first leaves to get dropped by the plants. But they look just ffine to me. I would certainly use a catch pan under them so that they can wick up some of the water that may get through too quick. :)

I got some pans and put them in yesterday. It was kind of nice to control the runoff. I usually just let it run on the floor and either soak it up or (if it's not much) it just dries.

This time, I let the runoff stand for an hour or so and then I soaked up whatever the plant had not taken. Odd that the runoff was green when I rang out the rag into the sink.

She still has the same problem. Maybe not as bad but still wilty.

I wouldn't feel bad if the leaves were brown or yellow but my Sativa never lost green leaves unless something was wrong.

The rest of the plant looks OK and the buds are getting pretty frosty for only 3 weeks.

View attachment 090214kushmothers-1.jpg

View attachment 090214kushmothersbuds-1.jpg

Honestly I think it's just growing vigorously. That stuff looks wonderful to me.

The green leaves are from the LOWER to MID LOWER section of the plant yes? If so, there's nothing to worry about IMO. Especially when the rest of your plant looks like that ;)

One thing I notice, and I believe I mentioned it this morning in another thread, is that your light cover isn't enough for the size or your plants. I would have two hoods covering that space, personally. I think you said you always run it like this? Yeah, try not to let the plants over take the light. Only bit of advice I can give. It's almost like the plant is ditching the ones that just will NOT get the light, compared to the rapid growth of the other leaves. I dunno.. I'm a noob too, in my mind. hah :)

No, you're right. I let these plants get way too tall before flowering. The main purpose of these plants was to serve as clone donors so I let them veg for 3 months. I will veg the clones for 2 months and then flower. That should keep the size more reasonable.

On the Sativa I grew for decades, it would grow sooooooo fast after 12/12 that it was hard to keep it under the light. Even if I flower them at 12", they would add up to 2 feet and sometimes more after 12/12. Wild Sativa. I should have much better luck controlling the Hybids I will be growing from now on.

Ahhh it was a mother. My bad, especially if you already mentioned it was a mother.

Yeah, hybrids are where it's AT for me too, seemingly :)

This plant is getting worse. The wilting is now more than half way up the plant. The color is so pale green it's almost yellow (tough to tell from the pics). And, I needed a leaf rake to clean up under the pot, today.

I made some holes in the soil with a long rod a little bigger around than a pencil. I stuck the rod through the dirt, tearing and gnashing through roots (ugh) until I was just a few inches from the bottom of the pot. Then, I wiggled the rod in little circular motions until I made a little "tunnel" through the dirt. I did this in 4 or 5 places. Now, when I water, the water is able to soak into the soil much better.

This plant looks, either under or over watered. So, I bent the plastic pot out and stuck my hand all the way down the side to see if it was saturated. It wasn't bone dry but it was certainly not saturated.

So, I filled the pans with water and I am waiting to see how much they will take in from the bottom.

The other plant (last 2 pics) is growing great, Dark green, nice big frosty buds.

At this point, I am hoping to just keep her alive for 4 more weeks until harvest.

I am really sick that I didn't keep track of which clones came from which plant. What was I thinking. LOL

View attachment 090614kushmotherswilt-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmotherswilt-2.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmotherswilt-3.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmotherswiltbuds-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmothersgoodone-1.jpg

View attachment 090614kushmothersgoodonebuds-1.jpg

Probably drying out quickly. That's a sizeable plant in a small-ish container with a good amount of perlite.

I love fast drying containers!!!

My first guess.

It was over watering, not under watering. I let it all dry out for a few days and she looks a little better. Still droopy on the bottom but the top half of the plant is perking back up.

Week 5 and the buds are getting pretty frosty. Not sure when this finishes but I sure can't wait to try it.

View attachment kushmotherbud091314-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back