Drying and curing still relates to cooking ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr

Reaction score
As title suggests, I am wondering if the rule of thumb still applies to bud that I want to make into cannabutter ?
I really adore smoking the stuff but due to a recent illness i am unable to smoke :(, so now i am looking at other ways of consuming it. My last attempt at cannabuter wasn't too bad so i will probably make more of that (fudge and butter cakes is really really nice ;) ). I have recently just chopped my girls down (like 4 days ago) and really really want to make some more cannabutter lol

TwIsTeD-SmOkEr said:
As title suggests, I am wondering if the rule of thumb still applies to bud that I want to make into cannabutter ?
I really adore smoking the stuff but due to a recent illness i am unable to smoke :(, so now i am looking at other ways of consuming it. My last attempt at cannabuter wasn't too bad so i will probably make more of that (fudge and butter cakes is really really nice ;) ). I have recently just chopped my girls down (like 4 days ago) and really really want to make some more cannabutter lol

good day twisted. i would have to say yes to the curing and drying.

Sorrry to hear about your illness.
Not that I'm an expert on extractions, but I would think that fresh would work better when making canna butter and other extractions as you would end up with less leaf matter in your finished product. Just IMHO.
Good luck to you.

BBFan said:
Sorrry to hear about your illness.
Not that I'm an expert on extractions, but I would think that fresh would work better when making canna butter and other extractions as you would end up with less leaf matter in your finished product. Just IMHO.
Good luck to you.

isnt mj more potient when cured?? like can you make oil and that from fresh wet weed??

LEFTHAND said:
isnt mj more potient when cured?? like can you make oil and that from fresh wet weed??

Hi Lefthand (Any idea what the Right Hand is up to?)

My limited experience and research shows that curing, while it does improve taste and burn, does nothing to increase potency (at least not noticeable to the average human being). In fact, improper handling/drying/curing can lead to a degradation of thc- the most common culprits being light, heat, and oxidation.

I make bubble hash using fresh frozen weed (popcorn buds and sugar leaf). The intent is to only get the capitate stalked heads, but that leaves the bulbous and capitate sessile glands- which I can get with the canna butter making.

Again- that's just my opinion- Happy Cooking!

Good luck and happy cooking.

cheers for all youre help, I will experiment with fresh and dry weed although BBfan confirmed my suspiscions (if that is a word :p), I guess it would actually be better to cook from fresh herbs (in the literal sense ;)).
I will repost in here in a week or 2 to confirm for those who want to know.

BBFan said:
Hi Lefthand (Any idea what the Right Hand is up to?)

My limited experience and research shows that curing, while it does improve taste and burn, does nothing to increase potency (at least not noticeable to the average human being). In fact, improper handling/drying/curing can lead to a degradation of thc- the most common culprits being light, heat, and oxidation.

I make bubble hash using fresh frozen weed (popcorn buds and sugar leaf). The intent is to only get the capitate stalked heads, but that leaves the bulbous and capitate sessile glands- which I can get with the canna butter making.

Again- that's just my opinion- Happy Cooking!

Good luck and happy cooking.

You dont want to know what the right hands doing:p

i never thougth of it that way, makes sense though less crap to screen out, ive never made bubble hash b4 (easier with it being fresh??)

and another tale straightened out.. thanx, i was told that in proper curing will lead to crappy weed, taste,burn, potancy. but only in the burn and taste.. good to know.

like how alot of people cure in paper bags, i was told that if you just throw the bud in you loose potancy through abrobtion?? im gonna say false...or is it lol

once again thatnk you BB

Latest posts

Back