Drying

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glaucoma

Reaction score
Any suggestions on how to dry ur plant properly. I have no clue on how to. Please i need to know quickly.Sorry for rushing its just that i had these ladies waiting for about 3 days to dry. thanks

cut leaves and limb, then cut into their individual limbs/buds, hang for 5-7daze w/ fan, cardboard box for ~2-3 daze, then burped&stirred (starting twice then moving to once a day) daily in glass jars or tupperware.

:peace:,

7greeneyes:D

green eyes what do u mean by cardborad box and then burped and stirred. I have no clue what that ment.

ok well i just finished cutting off all the big leaves and also trimmed it a little bit. One more question do they have to b in darkness or can there b light. also what about the card board box. its that were i have to put it in after hang drying it for the first 7 days.

thanks for the input bunny but no one still answered my question about the card board box. Whats the deal with that?

Forget the cardboard box. I trim all the leaf material off that I can. The small sugar leaves that are covered in trichs get saved for hash. All other trim is thrown away. I hang in a dark space that has air circulation. Light degrades THC. When the bud is dry, I cut the buds off the stems and put into mason jars and store in a cool dark space (or sleeve the jars). Open them several times a day to get rid of residual moisture. As the buds get dryer, you can open the jars less. When dry to your liking, leave to cure for several weeks.

cardboard box always gives me a nice stiffness to the buds w/o too much overdryness, ime.

good advice evryone, I was wondering what temps the room or closet that I dry in should be or is it a big issue?

cooler is better than warmer. 45-70degrees F. 40-60%rh to allow good drying and stop any bud rotting from occuring. Keep them in the dark as much as possible.

This has been my method for drying popcorn buds and early harvest. I cut them into there individual buds, and put them in the wooden box with a rack made from screen. 5-7 days sometime less then into jars for burping. Everything else will be hung out to dry then burped and cured.

Pictures

and another

Actually, I don't know for sure but I would think that if you had a spare refridgerator that you could use specifically for drying and curing, you could set it for about 45-50degrees and it would dry it faster and better than other methods. It would keep the temps and rh right and would keep it dark and air tight. Although, I don't know if it would remove the moisture from the space very well without opening it a couple times a day to remove the built up moisture.

It is not good to dry them in too cool a temp either. I do not believe that 45 is better than 65.

Cooler will definitely take longer....if that's what you're looking for.

Latest posts

Back