Drying

St_Nick

Two_Toke
Reaction score
I have just taken down a plant and hung it up to dry. My question is this: I am going to be away from home for the next two weeks. Is it going to hurt the harvest to hang that long? If so, is there anything I can do to improve the odds?:bong2:

BenfukD

Reaction score
if the temps where the plant is hanging is around 60f you should be fine. You dont want the temps to high

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
2 weeks is way to long Idk what I'd do maybe someone elsewill chime in

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
Two weeks is how long I dry mine (mid-winter) .You want the thickest branches to *snap*, too many people rush the cure and that's half the battle. It depends on variables such as temp and relative humidity and what not, but I just dry in my bloom room and it takes ~two weeks with a fan in the room, oscillating but not blowing on the hanging girls.

Kindbud

OutDoor ExperT
Reaction score
2 weeks really? Usually takes me 5-10 days I use screens to dry tho

Rosebud

Organic dirt farmer
Reaction score
I am in the desert and hang my buds for 5 days then jar... Depends on your conditions. If they are in the dark and in cool temperatures I bet they would be ok.

St_Nick

Two_Toke
Reaction score
Thanks for the replys. I ma going to my 40th class reunion & I really don't wantto miss it. Them old coots may not be aroundfor the next one!:vap_bong__emoticon:

7greeneyes

MedicalNLovingIt!
Reaction score
I'm in western Washington (south Puget Sound area) and other then mid summer (where it only takes a good 3-5 daze to dry), there is so much rh around me that, yes, two weeks for a real drying, then cut up and jarred. I also keep my drying area cool with an oscillating fan moving air around to avoid mold.

:peace: n' good curing, bud.

Latest posts