Dual Arc 600 watt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sour Deez

Reaction score
Should I buy a dual arc light over a regular Hps for flowering?

If it is just for flowering, I would just go straight HPS. If used for both veg and flowering, go with the dual arc.

HomieHogleg

The dual arc is AWESOME for budding, this gives a bit of both spectrum! A bonus, the dual arc also pushes more lumens that a normal HPS (iirc)...definitely no downside to using for budding!

go dual I have made up my mind that will be the next light I buy

Thanks alot! Ima Gettin the dual then. Course Im not startin a grow till october too hot here in Texas

Roddy said:
The dual arc is AWESOME for budding, this gives a bit of both spectrum! A bonus, the dual arc also pushes more lumens that a normal HPS (iirc)...definitely no downside to using for budding!

All the dual arcs that I have looked at are the opposite--less lumens than a regular HPS. The ones I had been looking at were only 75,000 lumens. This is one of the reasons I have not gone with them. Where did you find dual arcs with more lumens than HPS? Can you porovide me with a link?

I was thinking the 1000w Hortilux put out 100,000 while the dual Hortilux put out 110,000....going by memory of what the box said at the store. Could be mistaken, but that's what my memory was of...not seeing the info on my box now, so maybe it was the store display counter mat.

And I had the 110,000 right for the dual http://www.eyehortilux.com/superblue.html but think, if this is the correct bulb, I was off as you said http://www.eyehortilux.com/superhps.html

Gonna have to ask at the shop, I know there was a bulb that I am after......or maybe I was just stoned and listening to the salescrap. Truly, as I look now, I don't even see them offering the 600 dual?

1000w Hortilux puts out 145,000 lumens

1000w Hortilux Super Blue puts out 110,000 lumens

The duals I ways looking at put out less lumens than a HPS I just liked the having a broader stectrum of light for the plants to grow under.

My apologies, I now remember what it was I had looked at. This was about the time I was looking at the splitters and thought the pr of 600's would be a much better output than the 1000. D'OH, my bad....but yes, the fuller spectrum is a bonus!

Roddy said:
My apologies, I now remember what it was I had looked at. This was about the time I was looking at the splitters and thought the pr of 600's would be a much better output than the 1000. D'OH, my bad....but yes, the fuller spectrum is a bonus!

Ah gee, I was looking forward to finding a high lumen dual arc...

I've heard nothing but bad about the dual arc. With the price and the output you may as well as buy each bulb seprarately.

Man youre all long behind me ive been using dual spectrums for well over 3 years.
Lol
Btw i only use Sylvania growlux or similar quality.
T4

Roddy said:

All the 600W dual arc that I have seen are pushing substantially less lumens than a HPS--virtually all of them are 61,000 lumens. What are the ;lumens from the bulbs you are using and where do you get them. The 50% less lumens is the major reason that I have not used them.

Latest posts

Back