Dual spectrum-3 strain-ebb&flow-SOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budders Keeper

Reaction score
da one.JPG
Here's the scoop..
400w HPS, 400w MH...hortilux bulbs in both
2X4 flood table
Rockwool cubes on Grodan expert slabs
GH 3 part-Hygrozyme-Endo/Ecto Myco-Gravity
Wh/Rhino-Hashplant-Bubblegum and/or Big Bud
19 total plants
6" elicent + phat filter for air-cooled HPS/exhaust
4" vortex + phat filter mounted and on stand by if needed
36" oscillating tower fan
185 GPH pump
20 gallon res.
Flat white walls

I think that covers it. I'll be doing 3 floods a day once it get's rockin', doin 1 right now...200ppm-5.9ph. The clones were took from my new mom's;
WR=clone,
Hashplant=.NL seed,
Bubblegum=.NL seed,
Big bud=.NL seed.
Temps are a little high right now(80-85) due to the heatwave this week. RH is 50-55. The room is 5x5 with the table centered in the middle and the 2-400's are crammed together directly over table...it's pretty bright!
Now it's your turn;) all comments and criticism/ suggestions are always welcome...go ahead and rip me for the cube-covers, they were free:p

BK Im pretty sure that your using the white squares to reflect light back up at the plant right?

I was reading earlier today in another thread that lighting on the bottom sides of leaves cause stretching bc the plant thinks its competing for light with another plant...

Im not tellin you what to do just sharing what i read earlier....

good luck...

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
BK Im pretty sure that your using the white squares to reflect light back up at the plant right?

Hello JAAM, thanks for stoppin in. They're actually to block light from rockwool so it doesn't get algae growin on it. I've never worried about the algae on the RW as it dies off when canopy fills in and blocks the light...but a friend gave them to me so I pretty much put them on for his benefit.

small delete.jpgHit 12/12 today, This is a pic of the hashplant. Seems to be a very compact plant, even with the light reflected back up. The 1 in the background is white rhino. Had a slight Cal/Mg def. as usual at this point...solved it with MagiCAL. Things are moving along smoothly so far. Res. is now sitting at 1046 ppm's of equal parts GH3+1 ounce of MagiCAL.
5.9ph.

Temps still a little high..80-85(the rhino hates heat!)but heatwave is almost over!

Thanks for stopping in:)

Budders Keeper said:
Temps still a little high..80-85(the rhino hates heat!)but heatwave is almost over!

Thanks for stopping in:)

Dude, I m in SoCal and our heat wave is starting to drive me nuts. I too am averaging around 80 - 85 during the peak of the day, but my Fire Purple seems to be doing fine. I think if I can get the temps in the sweet spot they will respond even greater. I believe some cool weather is right around the corner though. Keep it green!

Hello ElJefe, I'm hearing a few more days and the heat will be gone for now. 3 of the strains have no visible signs of stress, but the white rhino has a little edge curl from the heat. Nothing major but I can tell they will be happier in cooler times.

Im gonna use those covers next time for sure, I had some serious alge growin durring veg.... I recomend em ! Ill bee keeping an eye on this one, alot like what I have set up !

Hello ishnish and chris, thanks for stopping by. My overconfidence brings bad news:( No more hashplant! I jumped the gun thinking "I'm sure it's gonna be a female" and cloned away:hitchair: You know the rest of the story. Put my rhino mom in there to make up it...pics later today, and..uh...lesson learned:eek:

deltsum 016 - Copy_edited-2.jpg

deltsum 017 - Copy_edited-1.jpg

deltsum 018 - Copy_edited-1.jpgHere's a few pics of the changes. The middle pic is an X white rhino mom I've managed to sort of form down the edge of the tray. It's in a 3.4 gal pot of coco+org that is sitting on the floor. The last one is the rhino clones in the tray. Tried to get a pic of the space between the nodes. I changed the res today, 1210ppm's for now. GH + magical(1/2oz for whole res)+ hygrozme. Triing to get something going quickly to fill a couple gaps from the missing hashplant:eek: I have some bubblegum cuts with 5 days on them. Hopefully I'll see roots in a couple days so I can get them in there. Time to hurry up and wait for the flowers:ccc:

ElJefe1971 said:
Looks great Budders . . . whats with the bungee cord? :)
Thank you ElJefe, The bungee cord is hooked on a plant that was a little tall. The weight of the bungee was enough to bend the plant over...I usually use fishing weights but the bungee was laying right there.

post 013_edited-1.jpg

post 014.JPG

post 019.JPGThings are looking good, I think. The fatter bud is the rhino and the other is big bud. Questions? comments? advice?

Looks awesome . . .mine are getting there as well. How many more weeks are you going to flower?

Thanks ElJefe, they are only 18 days into flower. I expect the Rhino to go 7.5-8.5 weeks...and the 3 big bud about a week longer, but I have never grown the big bud out yet. I'm just so happy to have the E/F tray goin again. Been doin coco/org's for the last couple years. This is kind of a trial run to see what I can expect from the rhino and the big bud in the tray. The next one is going to be all bubblegum, growing a mom out from seed now. Thanks for looking!

It's killing me having to wait 12 stinkin hours before I can see my ladies again. They are filling out so fast compared to coco. Nice to be a part of the E&F club again!

Latest posts

Back