Dumb question of the day! Read it here!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArtVandolay

Band!
Reaction score
Actually, 2 related dumb questions! 2 for 1!

All this talk about hermies - can't you smoke the buds anyway, recognizing that you have to deal with seeds?

Pollinated females - can't you smoke the buds anyway, recognizing that you have to deal with seeds?

My plants are growing in temps of 90-100, not lower and not higher (so far). From all the hermie reports lately, I'm guessing I will have 4 hermies at best from the heat stress. But they look nice so far...

ArtVandolay said:
Actually, 2 related dumb questions! 2 for 1!

All this talk about hermies - can't you smoke the buds anyway, recognizing that you have to deal with seeds?

Pollinated females - can't you smoke the buds anyway, recognizing that you have to deal with seeds?

Yes and Yes You'll just have to pick out the seeds:D

You can smoke your herm plant and it will get you high for sure! I had one last grow and oddly enough I liked the high I got off my herm, although it was a disappointment seeing those few seeds.

From my understanding the reason it isnt as good as a non herm is because the focus of the plant goes into making seeds and not into the 'bud.' :D

Hope this helps.

slowmo77 said:
you can still smoke hermie buds, they will get you high. they won't be as good as they would have been without seeds.. chances are if you've ever bought a bag of brickweed with seeds in it you smoked a hermie bud. jmo

I have, and I have the shirts with little burn holes to prove it lol

megan23247 said:
You can smoke your herm plant and it will get you high for sure! I had one last grow and oddly enough I liked the high I got off my herm, although it was a disappointment seeing those few seeds.

From my understanding the reason it isnt as good as a non herm is because the focus of the plant goes into making seeds and not into the 'bud.' :D

Hope this helps.

right on megan...plant slows down on the production of THC while devopeing seeds...its more of a uppitty high I think...:)

Of course you can. Way, way, way, way back when I first started smoking this stuff, virtually all the smoke was seeded and it wasn't even all bud--it had leaves and stems thrown in too.

The trouble with seeded plants is, as already mentioned, the plant can put more energy into seed production than THC production. In addition, 75% of the weight of a seeded bud can be seed. So not only do you generally get a smaller yield, it sometimes does not have the high of non-seeded plants.

If you have other females, it is generally preferable to get rid of the hermie. If you don't have other females, grow it out and smoke what you harvest. Just make sure that you destroy the seeds that the hermies produce.

I was VERY disapointed with my hermi bud, full of seed and really no buzz at all.
If your buds really get pollenated, over 75% the buds produce very little THC thats why you have too really look everyday, twice a day for male parts ready to pop and remove them.

Growdude said:
I was VERY disapointed with my hermi bud, full of seed and really no buzz at all.
If your buds really get pollenated, over 75% the buds produce very little THC thats why you have too really look everyday, twice a day for male parts ready to pop and remove them.

yup yup yup... it is somewhat dependant on the 'degree' of hermie you have. Some hermies will be prolific, and seed your entire crop with millions of worthless seeds. Another might only produce a few staminate flowers, and you may only find a few seeds in the entire crop.
Regardless, they're ALL BAD ... just some are worse than others for ruining your crop.

thc is good for me said:
Your gonna want to try to get the temp in your growroom down. If the temp stays around 90 and you dont have extra co2 going into your room your plants are not going to grow very fast. MJ likes 70f-85f

I know, but I've done everything I can at this point. I do have a lot of airflow through the box. I will just have to grow in the winter from now on. In the meantime, I'm hoping to get something worthwhile from my first crop. And, you're right - they're growing slowly but still starting to look nice.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back