DWC, nute suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

next

Reaction score
I'm thinking bout giving DWC a try, heard good things about General Hydroponics any suggestions on what nutes to go with for a first time DWC grower?

I have easy access to the Flora, and Floranova

31ug8ZtgGZL.jpg

I still have my General Hydroponics FloraNova Grow & Bloom, sitting on the shelf, for 'er years now, they were recommended to me, but have returned to organic soils, and intend to remain ...lol the beauty is they are highly concentrated yet still neutral as ph goes, ..or at least they were ...lol
1x bottle for veg and the other bud, it was the compatibility that I was looking for?

Please do not buy any more General Hydroponics products. They have sold out to Scott's. Monsanto is poisoning the earth and the people on it and does not give a damn as long as they can make money. I refuse to support a company that does not care for our earth and am so incredibly disappointed that GH sold out the them. I have substituted AN's jungle Juice for GH products when growing hydro.

I generally grow organic in the summer. Winters are problematic as I generally get a lot of snow and carrying in bags of soil somehow arouses curiosity in the middle of winter with 4' of snow on the ground. I do love being able to make plant food out of garbage and sh*t (that is not a swear if you are a plumber).

I will try to get the AN version, should I just do the 2 part lucas formula with them, seens how they are the same %'s of n-p-k?

The 0-8-16, G-M-B seemed so easy to follow. Also its only 2 bottles of nutes, should be able to get my feet wet in hydro for $30

I personally do not have very good luck using the Lucas formula in veg. I just think that vegging plants need more N than Lucas has.

Please do not buy any more General Hydroponics products. They have sold out to Scott's. Monsanto is poisoning the earth and the people on it and does not give a damn as long as they can make money. I refuse to support a company that does not care for our earth and am so incredibly disappointed that GH sold out the them. I have substituted AN's jungle Juice for GH products when growing hydro.

I generally grow organic in the summer. Winters are problematic as I generally get a lot of snow and carrying in bags of soil somehow arouses curiosity in the middle of winter with 4' of snow on the ground. I do love being able to make plant food out of garbage and sh*t (that is not a swear if you are a plumber).

You must spread some Reputation around
before giving it to The Hemp Goddess again.​
Thank you THG, I'll trash that stuff right now, I'll dilute it to a large bucket and feed my veggies, rather than tip it to the sewage farm of whats it deserves

What direction would you recommend I head to THG? For a baseline, veg / bloom

Agree with THG on the Lucas Formula. Tried it a few times too and wasn't very impressed. I've tried most of the mainstream nutes now, Canna, GH, AN, Atami, Dutch Pro, Flairform. IMHO you won't go too far wrong with any of them. For me it often just comes down to availability. After reading this thread, I think I'll be crossing GH off the list now though.

LOL--vostok, I did finish up using the bottles of GH I had prior to Scott't taking over, but I will not support them anymore.

Next, I usually used Flora Nova Grow, a 1 part vegging formula. Then I used the Lucas formula for flowering. Now going to AN and the JJ, I will use all 3 parts for vegging and experiment with Lucas and the 3 parts for flowering. I do add Cal-Mag during flowering. I do not have much going on now with hydro. I like to grow organic in the warmer months--it gets hard to keep the res cool enough in the heat of summer.

I am confused, didn't you just get a bunch of things to make soil with? Or am i stoned.

I am confused, didn't you just get a bunch of things to make soil with? Or am i stoned.

I'm not happy with my Satori grow, and my clones are not doing well either... I will admit i'm very close to switching to the dark side (synthetic), I don't know how much longer I can fight with the organic's. :'(

I'm going to give organic one more try, if that doesn't work out, I might save the organic's for the garden, and try my hand at hydro / dwc.

DWC has its on set of problems and issues............ not nearly as many DWC growers around as there use to be. I suggest you go with a soil or soilless mix and get a couple of grows under your belt using synthetic nutes and then decide how you want to proceed........ if your going to switch from organic.

My very first grow about whew 12 yrs ago, was with sunshine mix #4 and dutch nutrient formula or DNF. I ran northern lights #4 and white widow, clones that I got from my uncle. From there I overgrew my parents house lol, but it all went great, indoors and out. I had many successful runs using the DNF and simple liquid ph drops.

Then I started growing my mom's plants in ice cream buckets with air bubblers, they grew wayyy faster than in soil. Then I started playing with drip systems, and DWC, but work and partying took priority and I had to give it up for awhile.

Took a break, as I rented houses, now im more stable, and have about 4 grows under my belt using earth juice, recently started supplementing the soil as well with organics but were just not really getting along.

Latest posts

Back