DWC ph question..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ishnish

Nug Lover
Reaction score
i've heard 5.3 to 5.8 is the general area for DWC..

so when i set up my buckets and get my nutes in, i'll dail the ph to about 5.4
then the next day it's 6.5 - 6.7
if i take it back down to 5.5ish it still goes up the next day.
if i leave it alone, it stays around 6.5 still...

so is there a way to keep the ph stabilized closer to 5.5?

This is what I have found that works.

R/O water and GH 3 part, but in case that is not an option, I would try.

The largest res you can get to mix nutes in

fill with water and let it set out for 24 hours bubbling with an air stone.

next add nutes and let bubble again for 24 hours.

check pH and adjust to desired level, let aerate for 24 hours and recheck pH and readjust to desired level.

found this... could solve my problem... for a price..
hXXp://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18539/si1383200/cl0/pinpointphcontroller

this place looks to have good prices on aquarium supplies..

thanks duck. i was wondering if it would help to have a circulating master res. i'm sure it'd at least make the watering part easier..

Never thought about that pcduck :) May have to give that a try. I just take out my plants one by one and have a pre water mix already. Dump out old water and give it a lil scrub and but her back into her home :)

i have 4 5gal dwc's going for veg only...for change outs i put 20gals into a 30 gal tote, i put a 315gph pump into the tote and set the hose so it pumps water from the bottom of the tote and spits it back into the tote, this mixes the water automaticly, all i have to do is add in a part of the nutes, or what ever and give it ten minutes and it completly mixes it up without ever touching it....set the nute mix, ph it, let it set over night, use the pump to fill an extra 5 gal bucket, then i just lift the plant/lid/airstone out of the old water and set it in the bucket of new water and away she goes...has worked well for me so far...

Latest posts

Back