Effects on Muscle Growth/Development...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SmokinMom said:
Thanks Mindzeye. A few yrs of neglect on top of a few yrs of birthing babes, I am just trying to get back in shape. Still a little bit to go yet. I enjoy it a lot, particularly the eye candy. :hubba:

Yes there is a lot of sweetness at gym's, I have to keep my blinders on because Im married and Im a good guy, and Lord knows I loooove the ladies :)

MindzEye said:
Yes there is a lot of sweetness at gym's, I have to keep my blinders on because Im married and Im a good guy, and Lord knows I loooove the ladies :)

I'm married too, but nothin wrong with just lookin. ;)

Unregistered said:
I'm pretty sure there is no scientific proof of the connection between muscle deterioration and smoking. I've been smoking for years and recently I put on a little extra weight, which I intend on turning into muscle. I haven't smoked in a few weeks and the buffing is going well, but I want to be able to smoke again! A friend of mine is keen on body building and he wouldn't touch the stuff. He must have heard something I didn't. Though he never mentions where he gets his information. I'm convinced it doesn't actually deteriorate muscle though. More like it just makes you not want to work out, and deteriorates muscle through idleness.

Anyway has anyone got anything to say on this subject. Anyone successfully built muscle whilst keeping up a regular habit? I need some proper input on this, cos at the moment I'm going on the fact that Kevin Spacey's character in American Beauty lifts weights whilst smoking pot, so it must be ok... :)
lol i medicate multiple times a day, and have been for the past 4-5 years, however i've only been working out for about 3 years and i've gained more strength than most guys i know who have been working out longer and sober as can be. if anything i'd say it benefits bodybuilding, it lets you munch down more! and calories is what really builds muscle. some say it makes you lazy but i think thats all personal issues. i always make time to work out, it keeps your heart and mind healthy!

hell ARNOLD did it, look at how jacked he was! you'll find more serious bodybuilders smoke rather than drink alcohol, which has horrible affects on vitamin and mineral absorption as well muscle tissue repair.. and also fries your brain. keep burnin and if your friend tells you anything, say what i say, "thanks for your advice man, i'll it into consideration".

SmokinMom said:
I'm married too, but nothin wrong with just lookin. ;)

For some people that, I dont do well with temptation and Ive learned to stay clear of the things that temp me LOl...

I've recently became a personal trainer. I'm in great shape and things are just getting better. I've smoked for quite some time now. As for the two together, i've asked myself the same question. No worries, smoking as absolutely no affect on building muscle. I actually only smoke after my workouts (when its just me, not around clients of course), it's a great way to relax.

Latest posts

Back