ehh. my plant. ugly, but at the same time, strangely nice looking.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what exactly about the clearness causes theese problems? and why will taping it up help? i dont use clear containers sept for germ time cuz i dont think it relly matters durring that point. i knew about the problems it causes i just wanna know exactly why and what causes it.

tape up the outside or the inside? probably outside, seems more logic, but i have no clue what would cause that. thanks for telling me that too. hah, glad i mentioned the clear container.

Ok lets start from the beginning, what kind of dirt are you using. Are you using miracle grow or something that came prenuted? If so will address how to fix that.

You have bad stretch, get your lights as close as possible without burning the plants. What kind of nutes did you get. What is the brand, what is the NPK?

Light is bad for roots because it stunts their growth and promotes fungus. In nature plants roots are not exposed to light. Even when you first germ the soil will be moist so fungus algae can grow, it is especially bad if the root structure is solid enough where you can see it through the pot. Do not use what you call duct tape(that grey fix all tape)it is not light proof, you need to get real duct tape, it is shiny silver and used for HVAC. Put it on the outside of the pot.

You need an oscillating fan, something to move air, this will strengthen the the stem and help prevent stagnant air over moist soil.

Do not overwater, like someone else said stick your finger a few inches into the dirt, do not water unless it is completely dry. Make sure to check your PH. Too high or too low of PH can do so many bad things to plants. I am fighting a battle with PH now.

Black strap molasses is used to promote natural microorganisms that can be good for your plant, but only if you are organic. Otherwise it is sort of useless, it has been debated many times on this site and their is some interesting info. Epsom salt is a good source of magnesium, but not much else, do not over do it.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Icex420 said:
nice looking?

How old is it?

nice looking to me. not to you guys, just to me because its the first grow. its on week 2 flower. it was vegged for like 2 months. just with an incandescent light which is why it doesnt have much growth on it.

and heres a bit of an update guys, added a bit of molasses put the smallest amount in because i gave it a weak bit of nutes yesterday out of caution. the leaves are perked back up, and its looking a bit more healthy, not quite there but better. ill put pics up in like 5 minutes. got em on my phone just need to send em to my email and load em up

the close up of a leaf was me trying to show that it looks like it has water spots like you would see on dishes. should i be concerned or is it just from me spraying the leaves?

and as you can see the leaves are a lot less droopy now. im happier. and they are too, just not happy enough. theyll get their. i need to do a transplant, but im scared me doing that will cause it to go hermie. that wouldnt be good.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

that's looking awfully stretchy b/c you've kept your lights too high and you need more lights, that's why it's so spindly looking, that things like 18 inches tall and has 3 nodes. You don't have enough lights and they're too far away...

The spots are probably yellowing b/c the cells in the leaves are dying off from lack of light and can't produce chlorophyll.

yeah like i said it was in veg for like 2months on just an incandescent.

the yellow spots on the leaves are mix of a nute burn and i had the old light too close most of the time. i do need a few more cfls. and i cant really get the light that much closer, its about an inch away, maybe closer. well, i probably could lower it a bit, i was thinking it was about an inch away ill look.

and are you sure transplanting wont stress it too much, i mean its week 2 in flower.

the plant is actually about 2 or 3 feet haha. thats whats pathetic about it. and its got 6 nodes, you just cant see it well, but yeah it stretched like crazy, id trash the plant, but id rather get what i can from it atleast.

would it be a bad idea to do LST right now? it is low stress, but at the same time it doesnt seem like a good idea. but idk

Please tell me your not goin to use epsom salt.when you really sit there and think about it , epsom salt is a terrible idea. What one thing you dont want to build up in your soil?
SALT
We pot growers hate salt buildups in our soil so i see no use in using it.infact if you just use a good set of fertz you dont have to worry about a magnesium deffeciency which is the only reason you would even think of using espom salt or mollasses
if your goin to use one though go with the mollases which you can find at any groccery store

Epsom salts are made up of a naturally occurring mineral that is found in water. More properly known as magnesium sulfate, Epsom salts derives its popular name from the town of Epsom, England, where the compound was first distilled from water. The chemical formula for Epsom salts is a rather simplistic one: MgS04-7H2O.

One more reason to use epsom, it is a crystal not a true salt
Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) can help your regular plant food work better. Most all-purpose plant foods do not contain the secondary nutrients magnesium and sulfur which are essential to plant health. Magnesium Sulfate Crystals provide these vital nutrients to help prevent loss of green color, yellowing leaves. Arguably the most important compound of magnesium is clorophyll (the name comes from the Greek words for "green leaf"). This green compound captures light from the sun and channels its energy into photosynthesis. Epsom Salt makes the primary nutrients in most plant foods (nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium) more effective. Magnesium activates many enzymes used in photosynthesis, plant respiration, and protein synthesis. While sulfur is the primary carrier for many elements such as iron, manganese, copper and zinc. And is a constituent of the important plant vitamins; thiamine and biotin.

wow. thats some smart ****. seems like its from an education book lol. but thanks for the info.

ah. feelin good, gotta love the kush.

to each his own. i have found better success with good nutes and a good plant food which provides all of those vital micro nutrients. Just dont over do it man. Find a system and stick with it. You dont need all these fancy techniques and 10,000 different additives that many people like to tinker with. keep it simple. good lights, good soil, good fertz, and dont over water. Growing is that easy and should be kept as such.

schoolboy420 said:
wow. thats some smart ****. seems like its from an education book lol. but thanks for the info.
Your welcome and that is off the web,I aint that smart. Thats alot of words,I just read ,copy,paste.LOL I type 10 words a minute.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back