Electric Bill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Irish said:
this is a good reason to grow outdoors in the summer if your able. cut that light bill in half. i know some cant swing it because of location. another suggestion, grow more in winter to last entire summer. :hubba: thats what we do, then a few outdoors is a bonus if they make it to harvest.

i hear some throwing out figures of .10 cents a kwh? whatttt! i'm getting robbed badly then. ours is .58 cents a kwh.:eek: and i'm very close to a nuclear power plant.:eek:

my bill is so strange too. it is divided into quarters. four of them. so each week the power usage is set at a different price??? i've always thought it was very strange. .58 is as high as it is in one quarter. (week).:doh:

does anyone else get charged for electric use this way??? i'm baffled...

I get charged different prices for different times of day, (smart meter)
price jumps up in the mornings and evenings.

when its at it lowest (overnight and middle of the day) its 5.8 cents peak is 11.2 cents, 58 cents is crazy, i couldnt afford to grow at those prices and would be cheaper walking down to the corner and snagging a bag.

But it isn't grown organically with passion from the corner.

we only pay .0605 here. I think the added 600 in December along with cold weather made us negative and continued that way till now. So we will make the payments and hopefully go down a little in 6 months. My plan was to not grow in the summer. Then my seeds came and .......
Meanwhile, i am being much more careful of other energy uses.

The power company has started installing smart meters in my town. My buddy is all paranoid about running two 400hps but I dont think he has anything to worry about. Does anybody here have a smart meter?

Rosebud said:
we only pay .0605 here.
maineharvest said:
Wow I only pay 8 cent per kw/h.

Is that after you factor in all the other charges?

On mine, the taxes and other charges add about 3 cents per/kwh to it.

You have to take your entire bill and divide it by the kwh's.

How much is it then?

StoneyBud said:
Is that after you factor in all the other charges?

On mine, the taxes and other charges add about 3 cents per/kwh to it.

You have to take your entire bill and divide it by the kwh's.

How much is it then?

My guess would be 11 cents per kwh:hubba:

My electric company has a monthly fee of $30(if I remember correctley) just to supply the power and then I have to pay for the electricity on top of that. Is that commen or do I just not know how to read my bill? When I wasnt growing I would pay more in the supply charge then I would in power used.

Hi maine, I live further north in the state and have a different supplier. Mine charges per kWh .06549 for distribution and .02436 for transmission for a total of .08985. Energy supply costs .0625169 per kWh for a total of .172419, this month anyway. So yeh, they charge more for delivery than supply as well but all the time.

maineharvest said:
My guess would be 11 cents per kwh:hubba:

That's close to mine. Mine fluctuates between 10 and 13 cents per/kwh.

Latest posts

Back