Endocannabinoid Compounds Fight Swine Flu: Combats TNF Activity In H1N1 Flu Strain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaxforgandhi

On a mission...apparently
Reaction score
Hola Peeps!

Has anyone else seen this research? Apparently there is growing evidence that the endocannabinoids in marijuana combat the excessive inflammation attributed to the high-lethality of H1N1 by mitigating the Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) thought to drive the inflammatory response. The news appears to be months old, yet I haven't heard squat about it in the mainstream news. (Big surprise there, huh?)

Anyway, I ran across these articles while geek surfing the net.

hXXp://biomedreports.com/articles/latest-news/3131-cannabis-science-to-apply-to-the-fda-to-utilize-their-fast-track-procedures-to-help-speed-the-approval-of-its-cannabinoid-medicines-in-treatment-of-h1n1-swine-flu-as-ap-report-predicts-swine-flu-could-hit-up-to-40-percent-in-the-usa.html

hXXp://www.cannabisscience.com/news-a-media/75-061109-can-cannabis-based-drugs-slow-the-h1n1.html

hXXp://www.news-medical.net/news/20091019/Asthma-is-the-most-common-underlying-condition-associated-with-H1N1-Swine-Flu-CDC-Report.aspx

(Remember to change the "XX" to "tt")

~Snax (He Who Smokes to Fight H1N1) :D

Hey, snax! For a second there, I thought Aplasia was back :)

so is taht sayin taht if i smoke i wont get swine flu and im more immune to it than if i didnt smoke :confused2: LOL.

Me and my brother contracted H1N1, but never got sick.
We got symptoms of sickness, but no actual acute symptoms though. Mild and short.

Strange.
Be afraid of the boogyman!

The Effen Gee said:
We got symptoms of sickness, but no actual acute symptoms though. Mild and short.

Strange.

thats good for you gee that swine flu aint nothing nice had a cpl kids in the area pass away from it im sure it wont stop

zipflip said:
so is taht sayin taht if i smoke i wont get swine flu and im more immune to it than if i didnt smoke :confused2: LOL.
Hey Zip,

No, I don't think smoking constitutes a vaccine, but there is apparently evidence that pot can slow/diminish the excessive pulmonary inflammation associated with H1N1 deaths. In simpler terms, if you're gonna get swine flu, you're gonna get swine flu, but it's less likely to snuff you if you're a pot head. You've probably heard the confusing reports that H1N1 is no biggie in some folks and lethal to others. That's 'cuz in its essence, it's just a flu bug. In some people, however, it takes hold in the lungs and causes severe swelling of the pulmonary tissues. This in turn creates excess fluid in the lungs and this, in turn, can lead to H1N1 viral pneumonia, which is responsible for most of the swine flu deaths.

~Snax

The Effen Gee said:

Strange.

Thats strange Effen, I have H1N1 now and other than a lot of crap comming up from my lungs I don't feel anything worse than a summer cold.

Yea. That's the kind of NEWS i like to here. The many (good) uses of MJ. There's allot more to post. Peace out

Latest posts

Back