euphoria in the tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reidser

Reaction score
well here's my little offering to the table..4 x euphoria from dutch passion..i germed 5 seeds overnight(26th oct) in a glass of water and then put them in a paper towel keeping em moist...they all popped the next day except one who just didnt want the chance of life no matter what we done!!!:ignore: so i got them in soil(bio buzz ph 6.2 mixed with perlite,lime and veremiculite) and under 4 x25w cfl's...i was gonna put em straight under 400w hps but irish intercepted this bad move just in time and told me to get some cfl's sorted for the wee ones.so after two weeks under the cfls i got my hands on a 400w m/h and here we are..these pics were takin last night..i've kept the cfls going just over the one in the brown pot....its my first grow so any advice would be great sure loads of you's have helped without even knowing already
be good friends
reidser

SNV30298.JPG

SNV30299.JPG

SNV30300.JPG

SNV30301.JPG

SNV30309.JPG

Hello Reidser :)

Nice looking Plants.

I can see leaf twist starting in pics 3 & 4.

Do you know your PH?

:peace:

hey hippy
ive only got one of the cheap ph meters so must get a digital one for peace of mind cause the other one does my head in..the tap waters ph is 5.0 or so..few drops of ph up and it reads 6.5-7.0..the soil is 6.5 - 7.0..well it was the last time...is twisting because of ph or the light..cause if its light i moved the pots around after i took the pics..

here's an update on my plants...i've been giving them small bit of root and super vits from hesi-bloom(dont know much about nutes as first time)..i got a digital ph meter and my tap water is actually 7.2 so corecting that to 6.7 wit ph down...when should i start looking out for signs of sex...i tried couple of close ups but camera aint the best....
later
reidser

SNV30329.JPG

SNV30328.JPG

SNV30327.JPG

SNV30326.JPG

SNV30325.JPG

SNV30324.JPG

Signs of sex shld show after you get alternating nodes...I can usually spot males before the females...I wld get the ph down a lil bit more to 6.5 if you can...6.7 is a lil on the high end... it's fine but if your meter is off by more then +.1 then you cld be locking out some nutrients...all in all your plants look good

cool hl thanks for that..i'll get it dropped to 6.5 so..dont know why i didnt get digital ph tester from the start...much more idiot friendly than the cheap dial ones!!..soil is at 6.5...these are fem seeds but i still have to watch out for males,right???
later

reidser said:
cool hl thanks for that..i'll get it dropped to 6.5 so..dont know why i didnt get digital ph tester from the start...much more idiot friendly than the cheap dial ones!!..soil is at 6.5...these are fem seeds but i still have to watch out for males,right???
later

You hve to watch out for he/she(hermies)...

reidser said:
hey hippy
ive only got one of the cheap ph meters so must get a digital one for peace of mind cause the other one does my head in..the tap waters ph is 5.0
They look sweet Reidser :D
Are you certain that your tap water is 5.0? That sounds very acidic for tap water. :eek:
I'd invest in that digital meter and make sure! :watchplant:
I'm onboard man. Hope it goes well for you. :cool2:

Callawave said:
They look sweet Reidser :D
Are you certain that your tap water is 5.0? That sounds very acidic for tap water. :eek:
I'd invest in that digital meter and make sure! :watchplant:
I'm onboard man. Hope it goes well for you. :cool2:

hey callawave
your right...the crap ph meter lied to me!!!as i said invested in digital one and tap water is 7.2 so were gonna ph it down to 6.5...thanks for droppin in good to have you onboard:D

7.2 is pretty neutral, but did you know that if the hardness in your tap water is the permanent type rather than the temporary type, it's fairly difficult to buffer and hold a low pH.
Get Santa to bring you an RO unit if you plan to grow long term. You won’t regret it, and your tea and coffee will taste a lot better. :p

Callawave said:
7.2 is pretty neutral, but did you know that if the hardness in your tap water is the permanent type rather than the temporary type, it's fairly difficult to buffer and hold a low pH.
Get Santa to bring you an RO unit if you plan to grow long term. You won’t regret it, and your tea and coffee will taste a lot better. :p

an RO unit??i'm planning to grow long term alright..how much are we talkin...will this use up all my santa gift tokens in one swoop!!
ha it feels like i'm buying something new every week for my new hobbie...wonder if i can get a raise!!

ok bro. i see you made it over the hump. lol...forget the ro right now reidser. just keep on the track your on...stay at the same scedule...let me get the crew up in here to take a look. lol...:) :cool: ...

ok brother. help is on the way...:cool: ...

i dont see a fan in the tent? were going to be needing some air movement in there bro...pronto...

tell us about your lighting, and ventilation reidser?...(it's time to turn on the 400mh man)...but first things first. we need to know what your working with in terms of ventilation before that light goes on...

and your ph is a main concern at this point. did you get a digi ph pen, or meter? were looking at between 6.5-6.8. thats what you need to shoot for...

told you i would'nt leave you hanging brother...lol...lol...

give us all the info you have on your set-up...

Looks good reidser :aok:

Just keep an eye on your pH and everything should be fine. Then things get real fine when you start smoking your own buds:D

Like HL mentioned, no sex till alternating nodes show

mr irish to the rescue!!!thanks bro..k i have a homebox tent.1mx1mx2m. wit intake and out take fans..outtake is a bit stronger and its connected to a carbon filter..at the moment i dont really run the intake...only comes on 4 times a day cause there's vent flaps open at the bottom of the tent..theres a termostat plugged in to the outtake..it kicks in if temp gets 28 degrees otherwise it just runs at a minimum...i bought a digital ph meter...so much handier eh!!!..the 400m/h has been on em for a week now and there starting to get going..everyday theres a noticable stretch..my humidity is a bit of a worry though its going from 80 down to 40 or so sometimes..ph in water is 6.7 and soil is 6.5...
talk soon bro be good

pcduck said:
Looks good reidser :aok:

Just keep an eye on your pH and everything should be fine. Then things get real fine when you start smoking your own buds:D

Like HL mentioned, no sex till alternating nodes show

cool pc..smoking my own buds:hubba: i like the sound of that...why didnt i do this ages ago!!!so much to learn
thanks for checking in

and your ph is a main concern at this point. did you get a digi ph pen, or meter?

its a ph pen...65 euro:eek: ...

now your playing with power bro...:D ...and yes, you will not fail. i told you this before a ways back...one thing you can say about ol Irish, he's a consistant kinda guy...;) ...

how far is the mh from the tops of your (girls)?...you can put something solid under them to bring them up to the light also...make sure the light is secured very well. don't want any accidents...

try putting a big bowl of water on the tent floor to raise your rh...be careful when misting them with the light on. you could blow the bulb easily...

First of all welcome to MP! You picked one hell of a mentor there young paddiuan. I have concerns fer your ladies with no direct fan and your bigger bulb. Watch fer heat issues. Looking good so far bud, the biggest hump to get over in veging you've already done.......you germed and have greenage! This takes a bit to finish to get to flower but not that long. Look into lst or low stress training to evenout your canopy when you put those bad ladies to flower. I think lst training is the next order of buisness. Not ready fer it yet but soon......ok, i;m pulling up the vape fer this one.

reidser said:
an RO unit??i'm planning to grow long term alright..how much are we talkin...
Hey Reidser. Well as Irish pointed out, there’s no need to rush out the door and buy one today. But like I said. If you’re planning to grow in the LONG TERM, you and your plants will love it! Water managment it sooooo much easier than with tap water. Plus the added benefit of no clinkers in your kettle and no scum on your tea. :spit:
As for price. I just bought a new unit for £60 which produces 12 gallons per day. Just right for your growing needs, and your tea and coffee making. Some of ‘em will give you 40 gallons a day. But that’s just OVERKILL! And a lot dearer.
If you decide you want a unit some time, and you can’t find a reasonably priced one on-line, send me a PM and I’ll point you in the right direction.
I’m really looking’ forward to comin’ round an’ mashin’ up your crops when they’re done. :joint:

Latest posts

Back