Everclear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it may not. Be sure to decarboxylate the bud/trim before making RSO.

I've used a # of types of alcohol. It all just evaporates if you are patient enough. Usually the more heat you apply toward the end the darker it gets, so decarbing 1st is probably a good idea.

the problem with 200 proof alcohol, normal distillation process will go to 190 proof (everclear) to get it 200 proof requires the use of benzene to drive off the extra water. At this level of purity ethanol is hydroscopic. I can not get everclear anymore and I switched to organic grape alcohol 190% from organicalcohol.com. I asked a few dispensaries what they used for tinctures...they all used the organic.

Umbra!!!!! I am so happy. I will order for my next tincture. THANK YOU!!!

does this mean I should not use kleenextract?

How do I decarb? Yes another newb question.

does this mean I should not use kleenextract?

How do I decarb? Yes another newb question.

I grind my bud up and then spread it out on a tin foil lined cookie sheet and then into the oven.
I am currently baked in Negril so I can't remember the temp or time right now. Lol.
There is a Web page I use that has it all broken down. I think the lower the temp and longer you do it the more terpines you keep.

In a pan in the oven at 230 degrees for a half an hour cover with foil. It will smell up your whole house but you have to decarb.

the problem with 200 proof alcohol, normal distillation process will go to 190 proof (everclear) to get it 200 proof requires the use of benzene to drive off the extra water. At this level of purity ethanol is hydroscopic. I can not get everclear anymore and I switched to organic grape alcohol 190% from organicalcohol.com. I asked a few dispensaries what they used for tinctures...they all used the organic.

Umbra, my Distillers Hydrometer tells me that mines coming off the worm at 193 proof, almost every time. Then I temper in distilled water to proof it down to 110 proof (55% pure ethanol) which is where my clients like it. I'm one of the few that still runs a thumper on my still, its sure does double distill it.

Please send some to 1234 Weed Street, Weedhopper Texas 76543,,yehaaaaaaa.

In a pan in the oven at 230 degrees for a half an hour cover with foil. It will smell up your whole house but you have to decarb.

Do I use dried and cured bud and shake? or right off the plant?

Looks like I wasted my money on the Kleenextract. Benzene is not good.

It could be vac distilled, and vacuum sealed.

The biggest problem I see is storing it, and letting it sit once opened.

As long as i can get 1 small batch i wouldn't care. Thanks Thacheese

the only way to increase from 190 to 200 without chemical additions and or a broken azeotrope is with a molecular trap. The difference between 190 and 200 is not worth the cost, especially since it is likely to absorb the water if left open.

Do I use dried and cured bud and shake? or right off the plant?

Looks like I wasted my money on the Kleenextract. Benzene is not good.

I have used all bud and all shake and a mixture of both. Cured is better.

the only way to increase from 190 to 200 without chemical additions and or a broken azeotrope is with a molecular trap. The difference between 190 and 200 is not worth the cost, especially since it is likely to absorb the water if left open.

Thanks umbra, but that is way over my head. Would you use Kleenextract? Do you think its safe?

Latest posts

Back