Exchange Nutrient - DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
for the dwc growers:
how often should i give a 5gallon dwc a full change of solution...2 weeks ? or is it ok not too give a full change and just keep topping up ...thanks

i top off my buckets usually once or twice between changes.i change out my buckets weekly.

I change out my 5 gal buckets every 7-10 days. I change out the solution rather than topping up because plants do not take up nutrients in equal amounts.

I can't quite figure out how the top-up bucket thing works...I'll look at it again when I'm not so baked;)

Hmmmm....i need to think about this for a lil bit. I bet there is a way to rig up a toilet float system to do the same thing, for individual 5 gal buckets! Most likely u would just have to have another 5 gal bucket suspended above the other, somehow, so gravity would feed it, when the float got low enough. I'm gonna have to go disassemble my toilet now and get back to u guys. lol :hubba:

hmmm....seems like a rather crappy job lol

old blue said:
Hmmmm....i need to think about this for a lil bit. I bet there is a way to rig up a toilet float system to do the same thing, for individual 5 gal buckets! Most likely u would just have to have another 5 gal bucket suspended above the other, somehow, so gravity would feed it, when the float got low enough. I'm gonna have to go disassemble my toilet now and get back to u guys. lol :hubba:

I have given this some thought, too. I have looked at both toilet fill valves and swamp cooler fill valves for this purpose. The advantage that swamp cooler fill valves have over the toilet ones is that they are side mounted while toilet fill valves need to be mounted in the bottom of your tank. You would also want some kind of overflow protection that connected to a drain of some kind or was discharged to the outside.

I have given this some thought, too. I have looked at both toilet fill valves and swamp cooler fill valves for this purpose. The advantage that swamp cooler fill valves have over the toilet ones is that they are side mounted while toilet fill valves need to be mounted in the bottom of your tank. You would also want some kind of overflow protection that connected to a drain of some kind or was discharged to the outside.
I was looking for a good toilet fill valve, and find this site on google. They have few fill valves but I can't decide which one is the best, would you help me find the good one. Or suggest me one. I want to buy from online.

Thanks. :)

Latest posts

Back