Fan/filler setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero4u2b

Reaction score
Hi everyone.. In planning out my flower room..I was wondering. The inline fan as well as the carbon filter that I recieved from HTG are fairly heavy. like 15 lbs I would guess.. maybe 20.. my question is I will be drilling into drywall and drilling into metal studs. The bracket that came with the fan seems fine but didnt I read that most use bungie cords as to eliminate noise? I also read that HL seems to like using the pro grip hangers instead of the yo-yos.. I have read that yo yos are a pain in the butt.. So I guess I just drill into the metal studs using sheet metal screws right? trying to avoid unecessary wholes in the closet cieling and walls.. Thanks everyone Hero

yes just fix in to stud with dry wall screws

I have a piece of 1x8 attached to my ceiling that runs the length of my flowering room to mount things to. However, holes in drywall are fairly easy to repair, especially small ones.

Mount 2 L brackets on the wall and just sit the filter on them, Rosebud has a pic of it in her room awhile back, thought it was a good idea.

Here it is, surprised i found it that fast considering Rosebuds journals are 70,000 pages long. LOL

hope you dont mind me borrowing your pic to help Hero Rose, but i thought it was a good idea.

filter 3.jpg

Ok Nice. Looks like I will be doing some drilling this week. I was thinking about drilling some boards up there in various lenghts as to use them as a place to hang things but I am not use to drilliing into metal studs thou.. Hope it works.. Thanks everyone

hero4u2b said:
Ok Nice. Looks like I will be doing some drilling this week. I was thinking about drilling some boards up there in various lenghts as to use them as a place to hang things but I am not use to drilliing into metal studs thou.. Hope it works.. Thanks everyone

Get "self tapping" drywall screws from Agent Orange (Home Depot) or similar type store, they are made specifically for metal studs. :aok:

we really like the rope ratchetes from HTG.

found some rope rachets at Home depot.. $12.00 each. the larger ones thou like 1/4 inch ropes or w/e, u would call them.. I went crazy trying to find the metal studs on the cieling of my closet.. There is pop corn on the drywall.. Only room in my place that wasnt redone and marking and finding them was driving me mad.. Finally I took a small whole saw and made a small whole. large enough so I could fit my hand up in there to feel for the studs and realized they were running the oppisite way than what I was thinking, Finally I gave up for the day but will be back at it in the morning.. Lil projects like that can drive me so crazy.. I am not starting up till the end of October so I got time.. Thanks everyone for the help. Hero

Latest posts

Back