Fan question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OGCOUGH

CHRONIC COUGH
Reaction score
What CFM should my fan be to vent in air from outside to cool my 600watt HPS? I know I need two one to bring air in and one to exhaust air out so whats a good CFM on both of them. For 6 plants btw. TY

Depends what your air temp outside is really. I would go with oversize fan and a speedster controller. Once you get to the point of the outside air cannot cool it on full blast, time for plan B. I would imagine a 6", 440 cfm would do ya.

IMO the more air you move the better, use a 400+cfm fan and speed/temp controls on both the lights and grow area. The ideal temp zone of 75*-80* can be a pain to achieve but when you do your plants will reward you with outstanding growth and bud production.

legalize_freedom said:
what is the size of your grow space? cubic ft?
Its 5x4x8 so its 160cf. Im gonna flower in there by the way.

hey there OGC if your gettin 2fans you'll be venting better if you place em boh as exhaust and make 2 holes for passive intake

Vortex 6" for the room. somewhere around 449cfm, no need for a fan for intake, use passive intake

Are you trying to just cool the light? Do you have a A/C reflector?

Carbon filter>a/c reflector> outside exhaust fan

Latest posts

Back