Fan sucking tarp into grow room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IKE

Reaction score
--- How to prevent this?

I'm talking about the tarp I have, covering a 4 foot wide closet opening (dimensions: 2'W x 5'L x 8'D) - I have a zipper down the middle for access. The tarp (black on one side / white on the other) is being sucked into the grow area by a 400 cfm fan hooked up to my 400 watt HPS and almost knocking over the plants and blocking lite to them. Lowering fan speed doesn't really help - I need the 400 cfm for cooling.

--- What to do?

Im high as hell but is that 400cfm a bit much?...surprized the plants dont get suked up:rofl:....Man this weed is goooood:D

take care and be safe

I hear you, bungee cord sounds good - my thought is the spot where the bungee cord pulls the tarp in, the fan might suck it in a different part of the tarp like trying to stuff a balloon in a small box. I'd also have to buy right size cords so they don't stretch out.
I tried the 4" fan also - but you're right it didn't cool enough.
I tried securing a 2' x 3' wood square with hooks - it worked but what a pain, everyday pulling it out was tedious - plus always worried about lite leakage with a rip in tarp.

EITHER WAY GET IT SORTED YOURE ISSUE ISNT THE PLANTS GETTING KNOCKED OVER ITS THE TARP GETTING ON THE BULB AND STARTING A FIRE
Safety first dude.
T4

Why are your plants drooping like that Puff?

you need to give air a place to come in. can you unzip the door a bit? unless you can allow 400cfm of air flow in, then you have resistance and stress.

Latest posts

Back