Feds Target Calif Pot Dispensaries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
getnasty said:
I have a large body frame and am overweight... pills just simply don't work the same as marijuana. I believe it's in the way that it metabolizes. I have to take larger quantities of the pills than what's considered standard for most people. A little bit of MJ goes a long way in that regard, not to mention it doesn't have the side effects and physical withdrawals over extended use that most the pills do.

-nasty

MMJ is a wonderful thing, no doubt about it!

Roddy said:
Maybe these drs that are handing out these recs see mj as a harmless drug(which it is but that is a whole other matter.)

Maybe they do, but it's really not their call, it's the govt's.

And who has the right to deny them an income.

Answer here is govt again.

You call them sleazy but just maybe they have bills just like you.

If the dr's can't cover their bills, it's ok to break the laws??

Beside the main point the people should have the right to do as they wish as long as it does not harm others.

Key words here is "SHOULD HAVE".

I do not see where mj is harming others, the drs giving out recs are not harming others, so where is the harm in making a living and having the right to do as you wish?

Ask the local govt why they're speaking out.

Your answers just so how naive you are. and how many times must you be told that these drs are following the law that is why the local/state government is not arresting them. Maybe someday you will understand but it is gonna take you awhile.

Amazingly, I'm not the only one seeing the dr's abusing the system. Some right here in this forum agree, many in the local govt in Cali agree.

Law stated debilitating pain, I'm guessing, just like here in MI, that there's a TON that don't qualify, and yet have a card. But that's not because the dr's are abusing the laws, therefore breaking them?

Please, I'm just a bit naive here, maybe you can enlighten me.

Please, I'm just a bit naive here, maybe you can enlighten me.

How are drs abusing the system? They are not getting arrested.

It is not worth it, we have all tried. All you do is run around in circles with your answers.

Roddy, honey, why do you care if the doc's are abusing the law? what is it that bothers you so much about people getting MM that may not have a "legitimate" complaint? tell me please, i want to know.

Rosebud said:
Roddy, honey, why do you care if the doc's are abusing the law? what is it that bothers you so much about people getting MM that may not have a "legitimate" complaint? tell me please, i want to know.

The dr's abusing the system is causing for discussion all over about how to curtail such actions, the actions in California are once again trickling down to the rest of us. As I have said, for this to work, for us to be able to make the leap from medical to all out legalization, we need to show we can obey the laws we ourselves approved.

Kids running around with a script just so they aren't being arrested, that just won't fly in the eyes of those who are already irked and are watching. I'd love that MJ were legalized, but it's not....yet. And pc keeps saying the dr's aren't being arrested...yet. Although, I have seen reports of dr's getting busted.

Roddy said:
Although, I have seen reports of dr's getting busted.

Show me one Cali Doc that has had thier license revoked due to reci'n weed. Good Luck

Roddy said:
Maybe these drs that are handing out these recs see mj as a harmless drug(which it is but that is a whole other matter.)
Roddy said:
Maybe they do, but it's really not their call, it's the govt's

Absolutly wrong man. No arguing here at all. It is the DOCTORS choice, plain and simple. How the heck can you even say it's the gov't choice of you gets MMJ...that's laughable, and I'm laughing.
Obviously you have NO understanding of Cali law, and why would you, you live in MI.

The "dehibilitating pain" may be in MI law books, but not mine, and this thread is about the Feds coming to Cali, not MI. Cali law STATES "Any other illness a Doctor see's fit". In the books, part of Prop 215, it was written in for a reason, to make you and others mad I guess....lol

i'm mad cause i have to re-new my rec every year---what's that all about---my ailment will never be cured :rofl:

I come with a biased opinion. I loved my MM doctors. Each one of them. I have said it before, they were ambassadors of cannabis. I have not been to a "pain" doc since I saw these guys. Truth being I would probably smoke it anyway, i know i would as my kids are grown and gone but I would be paranoid and still taking hydros. My first doc was in his 80s, a cardiac surgeon. He has made his money, he isn't doing it for that. He believes in marijuana.

orangesunshine said:
i'm mad cause i have to re-new my rec every year---what's that all about---my ailment will never be cured :rofl:

I hate that fee too. Awe orange, are you kinda glad you have an ailment?

Roddy said:
Kids running around with a script just so they aren't being arrested, that just won't fly in the eyes of those who are already irked and are watching. I'd love that MJ were legalized, but it's not....yet. And pc keeps saying the dr's aren't being arrested...yet. Although, I have seen reports of dr's getting busted.

Kids do not get to have a MMJ Rec, must be 18 and older, is that not old enough in your eyes?

They can go die for our Country, but can't get a MMJ rec cause they are "kids". Cmon meow.

Before you comment again on Cali law, you should first read it and understand it.

Your comments about local goverments not backing MMJ is again....WRONG.

Sure, some local gov are against MMJ, but an equal amount is all for it.
It is not my fault you choose to believe all the stories on Foxnews. again, they do not show stories of positives with MMJ and local goverments.

So please, stop "snapshotting" my state and thinking all goverment officials are against it. Do some homework before you make falsestatements.....again.

:ciao: Rosebud---you got that right---never felt so happy to be sick since grade school---:rofl:---was in total panic mode when i went for my first rec---had 10 plus years of medical history in a folder bulging with documents to show the Doc that i was a great candidate for the herb

The only thing I don't like, on the state side of this matter, is that the rules aren't being followed. Yes, under state law, they are. But the ultimate goal of the medical marijuana movement, is to get the drug to the people who NEED it for their comfort of living and to gain an edge into legalizing it completely, from border to border, right?

In doing so, we don't need to be aimed at impressing our individual state governments. We need to be aimed at impressing federal authorities with actions of responsibility and order.

Handing recommendations out to anybody under the sun isn't going to do that. Yes, that is what your laws are designed to do. You were given loopholes (ie, doc can prescribe to any person over the age of 18 for any reason) to take advantage of, while other states were not. My state can't even get it on the ballot... the government here refuses to put it on. So now we have to go through the people, and prove to our government that our people want it on the ballot, with figures of 73% of our states voting populous being FOR medical marijuana "for those in need." This is what the proposition accounts for:

...including but not limited to:

• Multiple Congenital Cartilaginous Exostosis
• Glaucoma
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Nail-patella Syndrome
• Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).

Added to the Amendment are:

• Any terminal patient or person with a terminal condition
• Agitation of Alzheimer's Disease
• Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
• Cancer
• Celiac Disease
• Crohns Disease
• Hepatitis C
• Mylomalacia
• Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD)
• Sickle Cell Anemia
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Injury or disease to the spinal cord, spinal column, or vertebra; or the treatment of these conditions.
• Those suffering from a "Debilitating medical condition."

"Debilitating medical condition" means one or more of the following: All federally approved medical conditions for the use of medical cannabis covered under the federal Compassionate Investigational New Drug program, including but not limited to: cachexia or wasting syndrome; severe or chronic pain; severe or chronic nausea; seizures, including those characteristic of epilepsy; and severe or persistent muscle spasms.
Fortunately, for me, I am elligible under the boldened text, but my friends are not. But, this is how I define MEDICAL marijuana. Not by my state's definition or your state's (because I believe that's exactly where you're going to go with it has you have several times in this thread), I know. Medical Marijuana carries the cannotation that the drug will be used medicinally as a supressant of pain, or other ailments. Medicinally. Meaning NOT everyone in the state that is of age can walk into a clinic and pick up a script. I understand your state allows for it through those loopholes I mentioned earlier, but you aren't truly a medical marijuana state. You're a legalized marijuana state under the guise of medical recommendation, so you can get by with it legally. It's a ploy to a means to an end. But atleast the people who truly need it are getting it now.

Having said this, I'm all for legalizing marijuana as I've said before! I just think it has to be done a certain way in order for it to be done successfully. We've had a prohitbition on marijuana for 90-100 years. The federal government is familiar with it and will continue to uphold that prohibition until the law changes, whether they're upholding federal law in California or doing it in Rhode Island. Federal law trumps state law.

-nasty

with all due respect---this ain't about MEDICAL MARIJUANA---and who qualifies for a perscription or who is acting within the state laws---it's about LEGALIZING THE WHOLE ENCHILADA

Disagree with ya Orange. There are people out there, believe it or not, that only smoke it because it is legal and it works. They follow the governments rules to a T. Myself, personally... I smoke it illegally because it works. ultimately, I care more about my own well being than I do about a government who thinks they're looking out for my well being. I do, though, think legalizing the whole enchilada, as you put it, is one of our ultimate goals with medical marijuana, though.

-nasty

getnasty said:
There are people out there, believe it or not, that only smoke it because it is legal and it works. They follow the governments rules to a T.

true---as i am living proof---as in any enterprise there are some that follow the rules and others that don't---it will be legalized here in CA and if the people don't take a stand now---guess who's taking over the show---that would be the govt. that cares sooo much about it's people and BIG FARMA making all the dough

orangesunshine said:
with all due respect---this ain't about MEDICAL MARIJUANA---and who qualifies for a perscription or who is acting within the state laws---it's about LEGALIZING THE WHOLE ENCHILADA

If it isn't about mmj... then don't call it mmj... THIS is where the 'black eye' is perceived by many, the 'fence sitters', those we "need" on our side.
you can put lipstick on a pig but you know what?.. it's still going to stink up the dining room at family dinners... ;)
you can blow your horns all you like, my state is using your state, as a model of what NOT to follow.

NorCalHal said:
Kids do not get to have a MMJ Rec, must be 18 and older, is that not old enough in your eyes?

They can go die for our Country, but can't get a MMJ rec cause they are "kids". Cmon meow.

Before you comment again on Cali law, you should first read it and understand it.

Your comments about local goverments not backing MMJ is again....WRONG.

Sure, some local gov are against MMJ, but an equal amount is all for it.
It is not my fault you choose to believe all the stories on Foxnews. again, they do not show stories of positives with MMJ and local goverments.

So please, stop "snapshotting" my state and thinking all goverment officials are against it. Do some homework before you make falsestatements.....again.

Hal, 18 is still a kid in my eye, and unless they've got some serious ailment or were in some serious accident causing serious injury, how can you justify them needing something like MMJ? Sure, can die for our country, can they go to the bar and drink? Not in my state, not sure how loose your state is on that.

Funny, only the ones AGAINST MMJ are the ones garnering the attention. And some I noted were for are now standing up on TV and speaking against....just saying it as I see it. And I don't care how you belittle me for watching the news, but tell me, how do you suppose the rest of the USA find out their info, make their decisions...the NEWS??? I bet that's a good share, my friend. All about perception, but then, I've said that a dozen or so times lol

If all this upsets you Hal, do something about it. If you're a big wig at some dispensary, why not put up some of those big bucks you pay yourselves and start a positive campaign, maybe host some MMJ fairs with REAL doctors who can inform the public. Maybe take out some TV ads promoting MMJ positively. If all this worries you, that is....because, Fox, MSNBC and all the other channels are surely running a negative campaign whether you like it or not.

Hick said:
If it isn't about mmj... then don't call it mmj... THIS is where the 'black eye' is perceived by many, the 'fence sitters', those we "need" on our side.
you can put lipstick on a pig but you know what?.. it's still going to stink up the dining room at family dinners... ;)
you can blow your horns all you like, my state is using your state, as a model of what NOT to follow.

And that is the absolute truth. THANKS Hick! On the other hand, many are now watching CO, which seems to have a better grasp on the situation! :)

NorCalHal said:
Show me one Cali Doc that has had thier license revoked due to reci'n weed. Good Luck

hxxp://www.mcsocal.com/blog/medical-marijuana-doctor-arrested-dispensary-raided-in-whittier

Medical Marijuana Doctor Arrested; Dispensary Raided in Whittier

May 21, 2011No CommentsMedical Marijuana Law Affordable Evaluations, best price evaluations, California Medical Board, Dr. Arun Sherma, Medical Marijuana, whittier, www.affordableevaluations.com, www.bestpriceevaluations.com
Police, under the direction of the California State Medical Board, arrested a Los Angeles doctor for aiding and abetting an illegal medical clinic in the city of Whittier, CA. The clinics, who advertise under the names “Best Priced Evaluations” and “Affordable Evaluations” charged patients $25 to receive a medical marijuana recommendation from a licensed physician.
Here is the link to the article in the Whittier times: READ ON….
hxxp://www.whittierdailynews.com/news/ci_18101391hxxp://www.whittierdailynews.comThis
The reason the medical board is cracking down on doctors is because dispensary owners have been opening up “feeder clinics” adjacent to their dispensaries and hiring doctors to write cheap recommendations to drive patients back to their dispensary. Typically they charge next to nothing for the recommendation knowing that the patient is going to spend that money at their dispensary anyway.
Here is the problem. Only DOCTORS can own and operate medical clinics. It is a crime for a layman to operate these offices. Any doctor that is working for them can be arrested and charged with aiding and abetting an illegal medical practice.
The second issue that the medical board is targeting is the selling of “Cultivation Licenses”. Lately, clinics have been advertising cultivator licenses for $250.00 They tell patients that they can now legally grow up to 99 plants with a doctors approval. Unfortunately for patients, there is no such thing. Patients have the right to grow medicine with a recommendation alone. They do not need a special growers license. More importantly, patients that grow 99 plants thinking that they are immune from prosecution are going to get a rude awakening when they are arrested and charged with intent to sell marijuana.
I strongly advice any patient that wants to grow more than 12 plants to get sound legal counsel. Spending a few hours with an attorney first will save you thousands of dollars down the road.
Here is the bottom line for patients: As tempting as it is to go to one of these clinics, pay the $25 and hope that your recommendation is going to be legit, I strongly advice against it. Most of them are not physician owned, are illegally colluding with dispensaries and your recommendation is not going to be valid once they are arrested and shut down. You are simply wasting your time and money. More importantly you are supporting people who are knowingly breaking the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back