fertilizer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moregreen

Reaction score
this is first grow so sorry if question seems dumb but how many plants roughly should the formula on fert. package feed?

Depends on the size of the package on "how many plants" it can feed. But whatever you do cut the strength to 1/4 to 1/2 to what the package says. Example if the package says a teaspoon per gallon, use a 1/4 teaspoon and work the strength back up.

its hard right now just because i have them somewhere else until the move. but i think they are being over fed because the leaves are dark green and the main stem and some stems are darkish redish... ?

also this is first time so dont kno much but besides from reading and reading and reading.. thanks for all ur comments and opinions

If you have been feeding it full strength I would back off a bit. If it has been overfed, nute burn will start to show on the tips of the leaves.( Dry, brown, dead leaves tips). Dark green could be a sign of over feeding(to much nitrogen)

the leaves have no brown or yellow but the are starting to twist and the tips bend in.. also i had a question earlier on my cuts.. i have made cuts on my plants and its been 4 days i find where the cut is it looks very bad darkish brown and there has been no growth whats so ever. could i have permanently damaged them?? and if not how long should i give them to heal? sorry for all the questions i am 100% new and appreciate ur replies.

Show us some pics if you can. Someone once said that twisting leaves is often a sign of improper pH.

Follow pcduck's advice on fertilizer. If growing in soil, don't feed seedlings for about the first three weeks.

Why are you cutting your plants? What purpose does it serve?

yes i was aware of that but the plants are 1 month 2 weeks old so they should be able to handle the full soon i am feeding them about half strength but my question is how many plants should that feed? just roughly not exact. because i am wondering if they are getting enough or maybe some are not getting enough..

also ph is between 7 and 7.5 so maybe to high? in all 4 and i have to get a hold of camera asap. so u can see and help me with the cuts i am thinking the shoots that i cut are done.:(

and i was cutting my plants so it would grow 2 shoots what ive been reading..? and also toped 1 but this is first time and i am experimenting to see what works since this is first time but nothing has grown and has turned darkish brow and looks pretty dry. but i could have made a mistake on the cut but i really doubt it but it is possible.

What are you growing in? for soil a ph of 6.5 is desirable and for hydro 5.6 ph is what you are aiming for.

Your question on how many plants a fertilizer will feed depends on the size/amount of fertilizer in the package. A 4 pound tub of fertilizer will feed a lot more plants than a 3 ounce package....10 gallons feeds more than a cup of fertilizer.

im growing in soil. but the jug is 3 pounds im pretty sure? i just have a really bad memory and nothing is here right now the veg food is mg and i kno some say its good and some say its the worst but im just wondering about a feeding not the size. on the bag there is a small dose and i was just wondering at that formula on the bag what they give u to so much water which would be full strength how much plants should that be feeding?

moregreen said:
on the bag there is a small dose and i was just wondering at that formula on the bag what they give u to so much water which would be full strength how much plants should that be feeding?

The amount of plants that it is capable of feeding depends on the size/amount you are mixing. 1 Gallon is capable of feeding from 1 to 50 plants depending on the size of the plants. Water till your plant soil is wet. I do not understand your question on how many plants a package will feed. I have tried to explain this numerous times to you. It depends on the strength, of which you mix and the size of the package of fertilizer.

no i kno u have told me a cupple times were just ims understanding eachother but yea it is basically on how much the plant can handle i guess but i dont mean anything about a bag im just talking about where it sais for wateringcans then it tells u the ammount but it doesnt say how many plants that samll ammount will give but u dont have to touch on that topic again im going to base it on the plants react to it thanks for replies. but i am worried about those cuts i dont kno if u seen... can u tell much without pictures ??

Pics would help..If you are talking about the cut on the plants..my plants leave purple resin too where they were cut for clones. If you are talking about the cuts(clones) that you took and trying to grow,Most the time they will wilt for a day then stand up again

ok thank god because i thought i over watered it after about 9-10 hours it started to wilt and i was worried but was hoping it will revive. but should the cut of plant have grown even anything in 4 days? and can it be messed and never grow anything out of the shoots? and the reason i cut the shoot or (pruned) was because where they are they cant grow high so i wanted to grow them out and also get more shoots..

Takes a few days for the plant to recover from the stress of cutting.

yea its been about 4 so im hoping in the next 4 i see improvement but hopefully before that i can get some pictures up.. but i just never understood because ppl must watch? but has anything happend?

If you're growing in some type of potting soil you probably don't need any nutrients for several weeks as the soil probably has organic fertilizers added and/or maybe time released fertilizer already in the soil. What kind of soil are you using? Is it Miracle Gro? MG has ferts in the soil...

Peace!:cool:

im using miracle grow and nutes with 24 8 16 which are also mg and the plants are 1 month 2 weeks

Hi,

Since you've been growing in that soil for 6 weeks you can start giving them 1/2 strength nutes every few waterings as the nutes in the soil are probably starting to get depleated. 24-8-16 leans a little heavy on the K (16) for veg growth but would make a decent food for the transition to flowering. Once you switch to 12/12 you'll want a fertilizer that has less nitrogen and leans more toward the 2nd and 3rd #'s.... P (phosphorous) & K (potassium)... Whatever their stage, try giving them a routine of feed, water, water, feed, water, water. Be sure to let your soil surface completely dry out between waterings, even if this takes 3 - 4+ days. In time you'll learn to water when you see your plant's leaves dip ever so slightly. By waiting until your soil surface is dry you'll get more dense root growth and happier plants. Over watering is defined as watering your plants too often. Over watering is not giving your plants plenty of water and saturating the soil when it needs it.

Peace!:cool:

i have just started them on half nutes now and i have a ph and moisture meter and i let them dry right out to water again so that they are healthy but what would be the moisture level to water them at? also i will feed then i will wait 4-5 days until it is dry and give it a little shower of just pure water.

Latest posts

Back