Few questions about helicopters and 400w

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red_Eyes

Reaction score
Hey growers,

Red Eyes here... I'm considering about starting a closet grow running a 400w with a open bat wing hood during the night since it's less $ but also cooler temps. I just moved to a new location by a hospital and there are usually med flights going over my house mostly during 9pm-2am.

Now by any chance...
1.Does anyone know if those helicopters have FLIR cameras?
2.If so would my 400w show up like a bright star?
3.If yes, would they bother reporting it to authorities?
4.Is there anything i can do to disguise the heat given off the bat wing?

Thank you for your time to read my questions, good day fellow growers :)

I would hope they are more worried about saving someones life then they are about a minor heat source.

Nope they're onto you, time to close up shop and cancel any possible future grows.

Facetious mode: off

:rofl:

p.s. UnWarranted FLIR is not a legally viable way to weed out growers. THey have to be on to your grow before they can begin encrouching on your right to privacy.Don't Sweat The Petty, Just Pet The Sweatty.

:peace:

Not enough heat to worry my friend.

Oh and a bat wing reflector will not give you cooler temps. It is still an open air reflector.

@7Greeneyes: You had me for a second til i seen the laughing emotion icon! haha. Ty for the p.s,, i would be sooo second guessing things wheww ahaha

@ weedhopper: Ty for the assurance :)

@pcduck: I hear ya but the closet temperature would definitely be cooler if I was running during the night when temps are low rather when its at it highest during day, right? Forgot to mention there will a intake/exhaust fan. Sorry I wasn't very detailed

@bwanabud: Is your grow op similar to my "situation"?

I live near a hospital where med copters fly in all the time 24/7. I am running 1200 watts indoors and what ever I have got going outside and never had a problem from them.

May want to look into an a/c reflector much easier to control the heat.

pcduck said:
I live near a hospital where med copters fly in all the time 24/7. I am running 1200 watts indoors and what ever I have got going outside and never had a problem from them.

May want to look into an a/c reflector much easier to control the heat.

Sweettt thanks for the feedback Duck, I'll look into a a/c reflector

:eek:
bwanabud said:
I'm running a total of (55) 600w HPS lites & (35) 4' x 6 bulb T5's...little bigger than you :)

:eek: wow! Wish i could be in your jungle! :icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back