Filter on intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squatchbud

Reaction score
I looked in the grow room design forum and used the search feature, but couldn't find any results. My question is: should I have some type of filter on my air intake before it goes into my tent? Like a pre-filter or a HEPA filter or whatever? I ask because in the past I have had some fungus/mildew in the basement. I wanna make sure I am not deliberately inoculating my soil and plants with spores, so I figured you guys could tell me if this is a wise precaution and if you know of any good pre-filters. Thanks.

if you have mildew in your basement then the spores will be everywhere regardless of whether you filter the air going into the tent. when you open the tent to tend to the plants, spores will get in. i think you are better off making sure the humidity in the grow area stays on the low end(<50% rh) especially during flower.

if you have mildew in your basement then the spores will be everywhere regardless of whether you filter the air going into the tent. when you open the tent to tend to the plants, spores will get in. i think you are better off making sure the humidity in the grow area stays on the low end(<50% rh) especially during flower.
I already have the dehumidifier, I was wondering if a filter in addition to the dehumidifier would help. I didnt't want to spend the money if I didn't have to, so I'm glad I asked.

Latest posts

Back