Fimming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoLady

Reaction score
Fimmed my plants for 1st time 2 weeks ago. New leaf growth is showing mutations. Curling or twisting otherwise healthy. Will my bud show mutations also????

Boy it's hot here in Colorado. 100 today Pray for rain and the firefighting heros.

The leaves are not really mutated. When you fim, you usually nip off the ends of the teeny tiny leaves in an unregular pattern. As they grow, they will look weird because they were nipped off when little, but the new leaves and buds should develop normally.

The entire west is hot--99 where I live today. Try and stay cool.

I agree totally with The Goddess. I always see the "mutated" leaves after FIM. They aren't really mutated and the rest of the plant is unaffected by it accept that it will make the plants get more bushy. The new growth that comes up after the "mutated" leaves will come out normal looking, I promise :)

Thanks Goddess and Hushpuppy. Glad now that I fimmed most branches top to bottom. Sure going to be heavy with all the new nodes. And yes, the new growth above the fim is normal.

great work goddess and hushpuppy. And it was 111 here yesterday and today fore cast is 110!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck on your grow

Yall stay safe out there in that heat and fires. It isn't hot here but the humidity is stupid. I feel like we are in Fla. I will take the heat over the humidity any day, but that is just me as I can't stand a lot of humidity. We have had so much rain that the sod in my yard has separated from the clay beneath and my grass is floating like a waterbed.:eek:

Latest posts

Back