Finding the perfect dose. Please help.I have a different way to ask this, one that I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tokemon

Reaction score
I have a different way to ask this, one that I believe is easier to answer. When eaten, what is a good all around dose? Typically I have shot for between 1-1.5 grams of weed of a dose. For instance, if my recipe makes 10 brownies and requires 1 stick of butter (112 gms) I would use 10 grams of weed cooked with one stick of butter to get a theoretical 1 gram per brownie dose. Of course I would use more like 13 grams of weed and 1.25 sticks of butter to account for loss and what not but you get the point. It's too much for some people and kinda sucks because usuallu you can only eat one of m brownies or whatever and if they taste good that's hard to do. So, I'm looking for something a little more sane but not too weak. The strength of the butter is actually immaterial since it can be 'cut' with regular butter to get the desired dose, but what is the dose?

I'm getting ready to bake a batch of oatmeal cookies with some rather potent butter. The butter I'm using has a theoretical strength of 1:28, that is 1 gram of butter should contain the magic of .28 grams of weed. For this batch I will be aiming for a quarter gram of weed per cookie. I figure that lets you eat a couple without needing a wheelchair. The recipe says it makes 36 2 inch cookies and calls for one stick of butter. So I'm figuring 40 grams of magic butter (I'll go a little over just because) and 72 grams of boring plain butter.

While this first batch is being made and 'tested' I'd love to hear some suggestions and personal stories. Ltaer tonight I plan on making peanut butter cups and would like to try a different dose size. Help me figure out what that will be. Thanks!

my hubby and i go about .75 grams per dose. I use marijuana for pain relief and depression, so I am not looking to get high. if you want to get high, then your dose should be just fine.

Sorry for chiming in when I don't have a specific answer for you, I stopped eating goodies because it knocked me out every time.

But the logic of measuring by gram weight seems rather flawed. It would all depend on the strength of the weed. There's just no comparison between 1 gram of swag compared to 1 gram of chronic. Also depends on the strain itself - I've used indica that I might want only 1/2 gram, and sativa that I might like 3 grams.

Seems the only thing you can really do is trail-n-error a run of butter and then you'd have the averages for -that- butter. Make another batch with another strain and you'd have to start over again I'd think.

Smooth chomping to you!

This thread is nearly a year old. lol. I hope he worked it out by now.

well, it ain't old no more (laughing). bad me for bumping old threads... sorry.

Well its a commonly asked question with no real answer. As you said it depends on the weed. Also depends on the person and there size and tolerance to the weed as well.

Good post still

Latest posts

Back