First Evolution - Grow from seed....1st Timer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New_2_Chronic

Gone Baby Gone
Reaction score
Okay here goes. Starting a grow journal for my first grow.

I have one plant from a "Purple Power" strain. Its been growing outdoors for 4 weeks from seed, and growth has been very very slow.

I am building a grow box and will move it indoors onece it is all set up. Ill put pics up as I construct the Grow Box.

well i say you got a good start. it looks a little behind but you will get it down. what everyone has been telling is true. you have to know what you are doing before you can do it. and the good thing is its like rideing a bike, once you do you never forget.

here are some pics of my STEALTH growbox. they are cabinets in my garage. I sealed the inside of the box with spray foam to expand in any cracks. Then lined the inside with an reflective insulation. I still need to put it on the top and bottom.

Tomorrow I will be installng the lighting.

Lighting.
a 4 light fixture similar to what you would find in an bathroom. I put the splitters that allow 2 lights bulbs to be plugged into each light outlet. I have 8 26watt 1600lumen cfl lights wich will be in it. I cut the end of an extension cord and hooked it to the ligght fixture. this way I have a plug on the end of my ligh.

Ill get some more pics up tomorrow after the lights are installed.

ventilation.
I plan to cut 4 holes in the side of the cabinet and install 4 computer exaust fans (18CFM fans)

More to follow, let me know how its lookin...

Looking good so far Chronic :)

I'll be watching and try to help steer you in the right direction if I see anyting afoot.

Be well.

Here is a quick update.

The cabinets have been totally sealed. I have rigged the lighting. 7- 26 watt 6500K 1600 lumen lights. rigged to a timer for 18/6.

completely sealed and verified no light leaks anywhwhere.

today I will be installing the ventilation fan or fans. There is enough room to put a little fan in the corner as well....

In case you missed the cabinet measurements. 3 ft high X 2 ft deep X 4 ft long.

Everthing okay so far? pics attached

hey wats up man everything looks good so far hope you get a gud strong female wif big sticky buds:p gud luck and keep safe

Ive completed the stealth growbox ive been working on. (a bit overkill) but i instlled a bathroom ventilation system in the top corner of the growbox. 80CFM, 2.5 sones so its very quiet.

I put my little one in there this morning, it is now an indoor plant on 18/6. It was grown from seed outdoors in a pot. It looks like it is too early to tell sex but i do see some little pistols with hairs.

pic #1 is the secret location of my grow. Its behind the bookshelves and saw horses.

pic #2 is the little one in the new digs

pic #3 is the ventilation system inside

pic #4 is the top exaust . it is behind a bunch of junk.

Pic #5 is the overall inside look.

in its location and setup you can noether see or hear the grow in the garage.

the vent system seems to be keeping it cooler in the grow than in the garage so temp shouldnt be an issue.

any sugestions at this point?

plant on 18/6 for 3 days now and the growth is amazing, waaay beter than when it was outside. No temp problems in the new coolbox either, fan and exaust are keeping a pretty good breeze in there and the box is actually several degrees lower in them than the garage.. will probably wait another week or so before putting it on 12/12 due to my limited space.

i plan on transplanting from the MG soil to organic mix, and get some organic bloom nutes for flowering. Flowering will be done under 8 2700K CFL's.

thanks.... the suspense is killing me though....want to know if its male or female...cant tell at this point.... If I have amale im still going to flower so i can get the experince.

orderin seeds at the end of the week.

Great Green thumb bro keep it up. Sweet build job.

:watchplant: :hitchair: :yay: :stuff-1125699181_i_ :tokie: :banana: :bongin: :joint:

Okay so its been awhile since I updated my journal... So here goes.

Its official SHES A GIRL.....

She was in MG prenuted soil and started to show some signs of nute burn and a flush did not help matters. So i decided to transplant her.

Yesterday I transplanted her into a 3 GAL pot. The soil was a mixture of 2 parts Peet Moss and 1 Part Perlite. This is where it started to go wrong, or at I least I feel it has. I dont think I got enough of the rootball because i rinsed the roots in water before transplanting them. Some broke during the transplant and some broke during the wash.

At this point she has not shriveled up and died which might be a good sign, then again i might be too positive. All the leaves have drooped and most are laying on top of each other. The stem however is still holding the plant erect.

I have watered her and put here from 18/6 to 24/0 light schedule. So I guess now is a waiting game to see if I killed my plant.

Just out of curiosity what would some of you do? she is sexually mature enough to clone and is at the size where she might have 3 or 4 good canidates for clone, this might stress her out more though given the recent move. Would you clone her before she dies? or would she of died already?

It sounds like you got a little aggressive in your transplanting. I usually keep most of the dirt around the root ball of any plant including MJ so they don't get damaged. MJ is pretty hardy give her a few days before you do anything to her she will likely recover. Cutting some clones would probably kill her or make her go hermie at this point. Plus it probably would be a toss up on the survivabilty of the clones I think, old pros jump in please.

She should be ok, just give her some love and a couple days to recover..
puff

Update:

well the Peat by itself turned out to be a bad idea. It was to acidic i believe, from what I have heard from members here. I replanted into Expert Gardner Organic Mix. Ill give her a few days and see if she snaps out of it.

More to follow:

Update

Well the plant almost perished, but i got her transplanted in some organics, gave her a shot of superthrive, sprayed her with some micronutrients. That was 3 days ago. Today I have seen some new growth appearing from the top shoots, Looks like shes gonna make it!!!! YEEEEEEAHOOOOOO....

I also had to add another 8 CFL bulbs, I did a gross miscalculation of Lumens per sq foot. and found that I had only about half of what I needed. I rectified this by doubling the cfl bulb count. I know have just shy of 30K lumens for a 2X3 space. I also exchanged some of the lights for the 2700K 42 watters. Now I have both spectrums in my veg chamber.

Ill post some pics when she looks like some good progress is made on her
recovery.

Ill get some up tomorrow, not high tech, but it works.....

Oh and THANK YOU to anyone that helped me out when she starting fading away....Thanks to you guys I still have a plant.......:)

Latest posts

Back