first GJ, many auto strains, 1000w HPS, 2x4x6.5ft tent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1000w is pretty hot for seedlings, could be the issue! Heat isn't the only problem with big lights on seedlings, the IR could be damaging If possible, maybe a T5 or CFL for seedlings??

Roddy said:
The 1000w is pretty hot for seedlings, could be the issue! Heat isn't the only problem with big lights on seedlings, the IR could be damaging If possible, maybe a T5 or CFL for seedlings??

should i switch back to the 400w MH or just dim my 1000w to 50% for now?

I would use the 400w MH for the whole veg, a HM is better than HPS for veg, even if the HPS is a higher watt. Good luck mate

i really want to switch back to the MH but i just got my 10x10 tent set up and im about to start 70 seeds for that. im going to use my MH to veg them because they are more important to me. that will not be an auto grow. i set up this auto grow just for a little experience before i started my big project. so im a few weeks ahead at the very least. so for now im just going to dim the HPS to 50% for a little while, then 75% for a little while and flower at 100%.

one of my onyx girls is like 3 inchs tall at most and seems to be flowering. i just gave a light dose of nutes last night. heres some pics of the girl im talking about and a few others. the last pic is of the syrup. its growing wierd. i waited two weeks after putting them in the soil to add nutes like was suggested to me. i guess the autos should have been getting nutes a little earlier. also the red dwarf was a feminized plant that turn out to be male.

100_2419.JPG

100_2420.JPG

100_2421.JPG

100_2422.JPG

100_2423.JPG

100_2425.JPG

100_2426.JPG

100_2428.JPG

100_2429.JPG

100_2430.JPG

100_2431.JPG

i think i've been under watering in fear of over watering. im going to give them less water more frequently and see how that works.

One way I check is by lifting the pot when dry, then again after fully watered, you'll get a feel for how dry as to how light/heavy the plant is. Another is to stick my finger into the soil up to the knuckle and seeing how dry.

When fairly dry (I let it dry out fairly dry), water until saturation, but not pouring out of the pot, then wait until fairly dry again and repeat!!

I forgot to add that the drier soil will allow the water to run through and out the bottom of the pots (sides too if smart pot used), so slow watering to allow absorption is best!

Good luck, my friend!

Roddy said:
I forgot to add that the drier soil will allow the water to run through and out the bottom of the pots (sides too if smart pot used), so slow watering to allow absorption is best!

Good luck, my friend!

thanks

just girls in here now and most of them have started to flower. the tent has a sweat aroma inside now. i think im giving the right nutes now. they should all be darkening soon.

100_2441.JPG

100_2442.JPG

100_2443.JPG

100_2444.JPG

100_2445.JPG

100_2446.JPG

i think i lost everyone again.... my thread must really suck. or maybe its just the tittle. or my plants.hahaha someone let me know something please

Never had autos. Sorry if cannot help with that ;).

The soil looks quite dry IMO. Good luck :aok:

bho_expertz said:
Never had autos. Sorry if cannot help with that ;).

The soil looks quite dry IMO. Good luck :aok:

thanks. i've been giving them just under a cup each every 2 days. should i give more or more frequently? i try to wait until the soil is fairly dry before watering.

The dry soil is good. Too much dry no. If i was you since the water absorption is harder when the soil is very dry i would give a cup of water each hour until i notice that the pot is fully wet ( by the weight you can check it ) and after this watering i would water the plants fully saturated ( when dry enough but be cautious not to overwater ) and try to make the correct dry/wet cycle. You cannot give to much or to less :)doh:) water. Read the sticky about the dry/wet cycle. Good stuff to read :aok:

bho_expertz said:
The dry soil is good. Too much dry no. If i was you since the water absorption is harder when the soil is very dry i would give a cup of water each hour until i notice that the pot is fully wet ( by the weight you can check it ) and after this watering i would water the plants fully saturated ( when dry enough but be cautious not to overwater ) and try to make the correct dry/wet cycle. You cannot give to much or to less :)doh:) water. Read the sticky about the dry/wet cycle. Good stuff to read :aok:

awesome. thanks

Latest posts

Back