first GJ, many auto strains, 1000w HPS, 2x4x6.5ft tent.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
v35b said:
Ye as long as you have the space..U need to give the roots lots of space to grow..Root growth=plant growth...

im still not clear on this. im asking if the 4" cubes are enough for the roots to grow in until flowering?

I'm lost....you're gonna move the gals from the cubes and ebb & flo to a soil...or is this how ebb and flo works?

Glad you had a good time on the trip!!

Roddy said:
I'm lost....you're gonna move the gals from the cubes and ebb & flo to a soil...or is this how ebb and flo works?

Glad you had a good time on the trip!!

no sorry, we were talking about a different grow. not this auto grow i started the thread for. it is off topic.

moved them into the tent. still under the 400w MH for now. they are taking off in the soil:)

100_2398.JPG

100_2399.JPG

100_2400.JPG

is 85 too hot? and are they able to handle a small fan on them yet?

Yes and yes. Summer is not even here yet. Better get something worked out.

nouvellechef said:
Yes and yes. Summer is not even here yet. Better get something worked out.

i will be under control shortly. just waiting on my electrician. the hottest they have gotten was 82 at the plants. thanks.

tokinherper said:
well this will be my first grow. theese are the strains i have:
World of Seeds Afghan Kush Ryder Autoflowering Feminized
SAGARMATHA SEEDS Strawberry D-Lite Feminized
Short Stuff Seeds Onyx
Short Stuff Seeds Mi5
they are sending me 1 free bean of these strains aswell(which is awesome): BUDDHA SEEDS DEIMOS AUTOFLOWERING FEMINIZED
BUDDHA SEEDS RED DWARF FEMINIZED AUTO
BUDDHA SEEDS QUASAR FEMINIZED
BUDDHA SEEDS WHITE DWARF FEMINIZED AUTO
Buddha Seeds Syrup Automatic Feminized coming soon
Emerald Triangle Seeds Emerald Jack Feminized
Emerald Triangle Seeds Grapefruit Krush Feminized
Emerald Triangle Seeds Super Sour OG Feminized

i planted them all about 2 days ago, maybe a little less. i have heat tape and a thermostat keeping the temp of the cubes right. i plan to use this 400w metal halide set up the way is is in the pic. the temps are well under control, the glass is like 1/2 inch thick. but is there such a thing as too many watts? i was originally going to use cfl's but i have the 400 watter just laying around. can this cause any harm?
heres whats going on now.

example of how im useing the theremostat

here the tent they will be moved to

im a newb so all and any pointers will be appreciated.

it would seem i have over looked something.:eek: i copied and pasted the strains list i gave from the e-mail they sent me. i just asumed they were all autos because i was buying all autos and some are. but the free seeds from emerald triangle dont say auto and niether does the quasar. how long can you keep a plant in veg? under 24 hour light

they will be like a month ahead of my non auto grow. can they stay in veg for an extra month?

tokinherper said:
it would seem i have over looked something.:eek: i copied and pasted the strains list i gave from the e-mail they sent me. i just asumed they were all autos because i was buying all autos and some are. but the free seeds from emerald triangle dont say auto and niether does the quasar. how long can you keep a plant in veg? under 24 hour light

i still need an answer to this question.

i picked up this AWESOME portable AC unit from home depot today. as you can see its keeping the room i have my tents in at 62f. it already cooled the temp in my tent down 10 degrees and i've only had it for two hours. i plan to place another one (a little smaller) in my 10x10 tent. are my plants ok at say 68 degrees? im going 24 hour light so the temp will be about the same all the time. its at 72 on the plants now. do they need to be warmed up every day? they are still under the 400W MH, i will be turning on the 1000W HPS in a few days(as soon as i know my breaker isnt going to flip off when im not paying attention).

here are some update photos. some of them have yellow in the leaves(one is completly yellow). is this ok? i took a pic of one with just a little yellow.

100_2401.JPG

100_2402.JPG

100_2403.JPG

how long can you keep a plant in veg? under 24 hour light

You can keep it in veg for years, providing you're giving the plant everything it needs ;)

Runbyhemp said:
You can keep it in veg for years, providing you're giving the plant everything it needs ;)

nice! thanks what about the yellowing and temps? do they need to be warmed to speed up growth?

Yes, as long as you feed and care for her, she will veg indefinitely....however, you'll soon have a monster of a plant on your hands and no way to bud her out! Best to start finding a solution, even if it's buying a new light!!

Roddy said:
Yes, as long as you feed and care for her, she will veg indefinitely....however, you'll soon have a monster of a plant on your hands and no way to bud her out! Best to start finding a solution, even if it's buying a new light!!

well my electrician is coming today. so i will be starting my non auto seeds in the next week or so. so they are only a few weeks ahead. they should be fine then.

new question. im running the 1000w HPS in the 2x4 tent as of now. there is a knob on my ballast that allows me to change the power from 50%,75%, and 100%. at 75% the temp on the plants is 73 to 74. when i set it to 100% power the temp goes up to 78-80. is 75% like using a 750W bulb?

Basically...it's a "dimmer" switch! I've no knowledge of these, so can't comment too much!

what would make them yellow where they are yellowing?
they are not showing up well on my camera since i switched to the 1000w. you can still kinda see what im talking about.

100_2408.JPG

100_2409.JPG

Attachments

• 100_2410.JPG
    100_2410.JPG
    461.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_2406.JPG
    100_2406.JPG
    464.3 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_2407.JPG
    100_2407.JPG
    470.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 100_2416.JPG
    100_2416.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 54
Typically what causes an issue like that is from being burned by the lights, or a zinc issue.

Not sure what you have used to date, but other than maybe some enzymes I would not have added anything at this stage of the game.

Peter Jennings said:
Typically what causes an issue like that is from being burned by the lights, or a zinc issue.

Not sure what you have used to date, but other than maybe some enzymes I would not have added anything at this stage of the game.

i have only been giving them distilled water. they only been in the soil for a week. the plants have never got above 83 and that was when the air turned off. they stay from 70-75 degrees. this is the soil im using.

100_2417.JPG

Latest posts

Back