First Grow!!! Beginner NEED HELP PLEASE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayreef

Herb Jedi
Reaction score
hello every1, first grow need HELP. right now I have 6 seeds I pre-soaked in luke-warm water overnight. Then placed in soil growing medium. As you can see from my pics you can see how I am starting them. I will then move them to larger pots/bags etc. when healthy enough for transplant. When I moved the seeds to growing medium I watered them in with miracle grow. I have kept the soil fairly wet while germinating and sprouting. This is there 4th day in soil. I currently have 2 20w florecents on them just for sprouting. As you can see from pics, is it normal for sprouts to look like this? Will it turn up on it's own? Should I help it out? Let me know please, I am welcome to any advice from anyone. pic's are in a thread under grow journals. same title as this thread. PLEASE HELP!!!

jayreef said:
hello every1, first grow need HELP. right now I have 6 seeds I pre-soaked in luke-warm water overnight. Then placed in soil growing medium. As you can see from my pics you can see how I am starting them. I will then move them to larger pots/bags etc. when healthy enough for transplant. When I moved the seeds to growing medium I watered them in with miracle grow. I have kept the soil fairly wet while germinating and sprouting. This is there 4th day in soil. I currently have 2 20w florecents on them just for sprouting. As you can see from pics, is it normal for sprouts to look like this? Will it turn up on it's own? Should I help it out? Let me know please, I am welcome to any advice from anyone. pic's are in a thread under grow journals. same title as this thread. PLEASE HELP!!!

What is your growing medium? You should not be keeping them fairly wet. What do you mean when you say that you "watered them in with miracle grow"? Seedlings do not need any kind of nutrients for 2-4 weeks. Your lighting will be okay for a couple of weeks, but after that you are going to need more/better lighting if you want to have any kind of yield.

My sprouts never look like this. They grow straight up...However, do not help it out. The babies are very fragile. If these are bagseed, you may want to start some more. Do not use a pre nuted soil like miracle grow and do not give any kind of fertilizer for a couple of weeks.

Before you do any more seed starting please read the threads about germanation(Whole section). IMO never use any nutes until at least 4 sets of leaves on seedlings, clones are usually a little stronger and can take nutes when growth has started after transplanting.

You are more than welcome. This site has the answer to just about any question you have, it is well worth your time to read the threads old and new. If you do not find serveral answer to your question, I will be very surprized.

Latest posts

Back