First grow for a newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flick that excess water off leaves to or use your shirt or some thing don;t leave water on leaves in light = bad unless foliar spraying and even then i still don't even get into that and been doin this 8 months already

Why is water on leaves a bad thing? There is no water on the leaves int he photos, there is some residual sulfur but thats only a small amount.

Water lying on the leaves with the lights on will cause leaf burning and bleaching as the water heats to boiling and then evaporates, the same as if you water your lawn in the heat of the day.

A good gauge for when to water is to wait until the pots have lost 2/3rds of their fully saturated weight.

If that's plain water I would not worry too much. If its muted water wipe it off.
Plain water won't do a thing. Does your lawn and trees n flowers burn up after a dewy morning. No.

Let your pots dry out. Lift them. Remember how they feel. Then water em. Lift em. Now u have a comparison on when to water.
LH.

I have been poring water with fish emulsion, veeery diluted onto the whole shabang. After reading the above posts, I went and checked the leaves I remember having that stuff sitting on. Those leaves have now died so point learnt. In future I will poor the water around the base leaving the top half dry.

Big learning curve indeed. I guess there is hope for me yet, they aren't dead so I must be doing something right....so far. But then again, accidents happen. This site has been an invaluable resource for a newbie like me, and I appreciate the help I have received as well as the posts I have read.

Im tempted to grow a few more seeds I have here, patience, patience, patience grasshopper.
You must overcome the three you have

Stufart

I will take more photos this weekend. They are looking great, growing up and out. Looking a bright green with heaps of new leaves.

Im also going to buy a 600 watt HPS light with reflector this weekend, that should grab their attention.

I think that CFL light is making the plants grow very slowly, I look at everyone else s photos under HPS lights and they are 4-5 times taller and thicker.

they just look slow, gotta remember they are growing root systems as well

Im buying a dual spectrum 600w HPS light kit. Im also looking at buying a
Indoor Hydroponics Growlush Mylar Grow Tent 1.4 x1.4 x 2M Greenhouse.

Should this be ok for three plants? Im limited to a certain space and I cant really go much bigger than that.

Stufart

Not sure the amount of plants matter as much as the square footage of your grow area.

I know minimum for flowering you want 5k lumen's per 1 sq. Ft.

I think veg is 3k lumens per sp ft.

So just calculate your Sq. Ft. then look at the lumens your light will generate.

I would think with proper reflective material/white walls, etc.....as long as you stick to the lumens per sq. ft. you should be ok with however many plants you can fit in there......but remember I am a noob too....so take that with a grain of salt.

Looks like your working with approx 21 sq ft. So 60k lumens or so will be needed.

Update folks. My green girls seem to be happy. They are in need of a Brazilian as they are bushing up a bit now. I went out and bought 3 x 15 gallon black pot plants. Do you think I should transfer these babies into them now or what a week or two. I also bought some Molasses which I haven't use yet.

P8120241.JPG

P8120242.JPG

P8120243.JPG

P8120244.JPG

I forgot to add that I purchased a bag of MycoGold.

It has 4 species of Endomycorrhizae
2 species of Ectomycorrhizae
2 species of Trichoderma
contains humic acid/vitamins and other selected bacteria.

What does all this mean to me, buggerd if I know but the microorganism scientist "I dont know what they call these guys" maybe microbiologist, I bought it from said it helps a great deal. He said it has a Symbiotic relationship with the plant then it was bla bla bla bla bla, good for root growth, bla bla bla bla, helps plants to grow larger, bla bla bla bla higher yields, bla bla. That was pretty much how it went. I didn't know a scientific lesson on organism or orgasms for that matter was part of the purchase.

He did show me photos of before and after photos of the stuff, the root system is huge.

Stu, i love your enthusiasm, but please let your babies grow some good roots before you transplant them. I am glad you got the myco's...excellent. GIve them a week more or so. And don't feed. hugs!

just curious what size are those pots 5"? wide and deep? when did the seeds pop from dirt? and when not now i would just go into 3gal smart pots or bags skip the liter xplant. again just my opinion there are alot smarter people here then me. Where are these headed for flower you have a tent or room and size?

just read the 15gal pot part where are these monsters gonna live, reading rest of pages now...

N.E.wguy said:
just my opinion there are alot smarter people here then me.

Give yourself more credit sir.
You are doing excellent.
LH.

I agree with Rose, let them grow a bit, and they don't need a "brazilian" quite yet.

:bolt:
LEFTHAND said:
Give yourself more credit sir.
You are doing excellent.
LH.
ty LH ;)

Melvan said:
I agree with Rose, let them grow a bit, and they don't need a "brazilian" quite yet.
lol what do u mean "brazilian"

Brazillion is my just my warped sense of humor for a trim. The pots they are in now are around 8 inches wide, by around 10 inches deep, the black ones, the smaller is, well smaller. The Jack Herer is growing fast while the White Widow is growing thick. Man the smell is Devin.

I couldn't help myself and I popped two more seeds, Big bud and Super silver haze. I figured that If I smoke to much "very likely to happen" then I should have some extra growing just in case. We should always look to the what ifs, you know, what if I run out. I off course thought about clones after I popped the seeds, O well I will do that soon as well.

ya i was gonna post that last night but didn't want to pressure you but 3 plants ya kinda want to pop a 6 pack or 10-12 lol to have a good chance imo i get a lil crazy some times lol

worst case you get two separate harvest a month apart thats about when these be done curing ;)

good green mojo to ya will be in and out :)

8x10 is like a gallon so you could leave em till 2 weeks before flower flip to x plant to 3 gal pots maybe? asking others I just assume this (personally have had amazing female luck with the deepest start possible i think it make the difference) usually go to 3 gal then to 5 gal but think the 5 gal is over kill tbh

where are they gonna get flowered out?

Latest posts

Back