First grow for a newby

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More

P8240278.JPG

P8240280.JPG

P8240281.JPG

P8240282.JPG

P8240283.JPG

And here is my new compost tea. I put a heap of worm piss, worm castings, aged chicken crap, black strap molasses, blood and bone, charlie carp fish emulsion and sea-sol. How long should I leave this bubbling away before I can use it?

By the way, its smallish bin I used, not sure on how much is in there but I cant pick it up and move it. Maybe 100 litres at a guess.

P8240289.JPG

There were some that got burnt from the light being to close, thats sorted now. The wool looking stuff is to keep the soil most, it was drying out so fast.

i did that with coco i'd recommend not top watering thru that stuff but remove it water then replace it after. i had same issue in my tent i just water more now. that way they get all the nutes and that stuff does not.

I was only just thinking about that stuff when watering. Mind you, its not very thick, maybe 1/2 inch at most. These plants have branches on branches, is that normal? They are so thick from the base of the main stem right to the top. I was looking at it today and thinking that many of the new stems are being blocked from the light, so ever so gently, I was trying to bend a few out of the way. No, I didnt snap anything. But the few that I did manage to get light onto have really taken off.

Pull the light back and don't feed them to much, your pushing it.

They need cal mag.

Keep ph around 5.8. But let it drift.

Looking good!!

When you say they need Cal and Mag, is that calcium and magnesium?
What sort of fertilizer is that in?

Im feeding them a diluted fish emulsion along with molasses, chicken crap and some Epsom salts. I lifted the light a few inches higher today as the plants a are racing upwards now. The measurements I have been keeping have been taken from the side of the pot plant as that never moves. So far they have shown an increase in height from 6.3 inches to 8.07 inches in three days. Is that about right, i.e normal growth?

normal. weed grows super fast specially after 2 3 weeks of veg. growing up to 3 4 inches a day. the plant can grow 50% to 400% more when its done flowering so. if you start to flower now you can end up with at least 16 in to 64 inch tall depending on the strain

So if the plants are only 6 inches tall as of right now, can I or should I begin to flower them? I thought that would be at least 3-4 weeks away yet.

I mixed up some dolomite and pored it on each plant. I used around 4 tablespoons in 4.5 liters then watered that into three plants.

depends on how much space you want to fill? 4x4 may be?
also how much weed you need? 8oz?
and would you rather cut down your harvest in 8 weeks from now or 12 weeks from now? I think if you start to flower right now you can get about two oz per plant my guess its very different with each strain.

as far as mixing your own nutes and feeding them what you think is right could be very dangerous my friend....
MJ is a plant that grows best under the right amount of nutes..
for example you can be under nitrogen of over nitrogen.
or cal mag, or pk or anything like that.
best thing to do is to pick a line of nutes. and follow the directions. General Hydroponics works very good and is very simple to use the one part formula comes already ph stable. the 3 part can be cheaper.
you dont want to over feed and get nutrient burn.
but you also dont want to under feed and have a gap in the plants diet.
its best to read your plant if she is a little burn. kick back.
if she is light green feed her a little more. and wait a few days before you add more. mj takes a min to eat.
if you do as I say and go with a nut e line up plus everyything else that you saw in the video like light distance temp/humidity.
you can get more then a pound your first round. but if you keep experimenting with your own homemade nutes better be careful. I dont recommend it for a beginner. too much to play with you must be advance to do all the scientific shi t. lol later bro i gotta take a bong hit.... and if i keep helping im gonna need some nug in the mail. pm me I guarantee success see ya buddy

and if i keep helping im gonna need some nug in the mail. pm me I guarantee success see ya buddy

Errr.. there's plenty of help here without him having to send anything through the mail. That's a bit silly :p

Dr. Green Fang said:
Errr.. there's plenty of help here without him having to send anything through the mail. That's a bit silly :p

you re silly. its a joke i dont do it for the money i do it for the belt im the one:cool:

"The One" doesn't need a belt, he's "the one"...and I didn't see any joke, sorry if I missed it :)

Dr. Green Fang said:
"The One" doesn't need a belt, he's "the one"...and I didn't see any joke, sorry if I missed it :)

lol you a funny guy huh
i dont need a belt? what else can you tell me about myself?

you get my point not in it for the money im in it to b the best I can be. yall rookies can thank me later
;)

I'm talking about Jet Li's "The One" .. it's a movie from 2001. :)

Sorry, back on topic to the thread.. don't want to hi-jack Stu's thread.

lol funny I got the name more from the MATRIX I feel the world is like that in a way. Plus I was chosen to be "the one"

good movie the one with jet lee

yes back to stu. what are you thinking about his nutrients Dr?

Latest posts

Back