First Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssjric

Reaction score
Hey guys. This is my first grow and would just like some comments and suggestions. Iv'e been reading around and feel like I'm doing good so far but I think a second opinion would help. I just set my closet with two 430 watt T5'S. Using white 6 inch pots. About 50% soil 30% peat moss 10% perlite !0% manure. I had them on 18/6 but just switched to 24/0. I water with R/O adding MagiCal and NCS17 Grow coco. I try and keep my Ph around 6.3 to 7. I'm watering two or three times a week. So any suggestion or comments would be appreciated. Thanks

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

Looking good...are those clones? It looks like they already hve alternating nodes...for soil a ph of 6.5 has been golden...

Yes, they're clones. Been veggin since 1-12. Some are starting to produce alternating nodes. Mainly my GDP and Blue Dream! I'm setting up my flowering room since I probably going to start flowering at the start of the month.

Are you saying that you are running 860W of T5s? What is the lumen output? Are you going to run these all the way through flowering?

Wow what a lamp setup! :farm: :aok: :woohoo:
Wonderful. I can't wait to see the setup for the flower room.

SSAAAwweeeeet! :hubba: Wanna Trade? :bump: lol!

'Whatever you give a woman, she will make it greater. If you give her sperm, she'll give you a baby. If you give her a house, she'll give you a home. If you give her groceries, she'll give you a meal.. If you give her a smile, she'll give you her heart. She multiplies and enlarges what is given to her. So, if you give her any crap, be ready to receive a ton of *#@$.'

Looks great!

The only suggestion I would make is, upping the amount of perlite in your mix. But that's just me. Peat+soil can get real soggy and compacted real quick.

DD

Each light emits 33,600 lumens and 430 watts. I put blue lights every other one for a total of 6 blues in each lamp. I am setting up my flowering room. I currently have one 600 watt sodium light, about to buy two more. Then I will transplant into my 10" pots and switch to my NCS17 Bloom with MagiCal and 12/12 light cycle. I will use more perlite for the transplant. Everything sounds ok?

Ok, so I have now set up my flowering station. I currently have 20 plants under a 600 watt sodium, about 1 foot away. Just flushed all my plants today and am starting to water my plants that about to start their 12/12 with half CNS17 grow and CNS17 Ripe. Aswell as using 30 ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide per gallon and MagiCal for trace.

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0454.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_0456.JPG

ssjric,

WELCOME to the forum.

It looks like your doing great.

You already know that you need a lot more light for flower so all I'm going say is don't wait on it. It would have been better if you had held them in veg while getting your flower lights in order rather than not having enough light in the flower room.

If you have red lamps/tubes for your T-5s, they plus your one HPS would be better than nothing while you're getting the other HPS lights set up.

Please give me some more information on your T-5s. Are they HOs? What brand and model? How much do they cost? Do you have a website link for the manufacturer?

Thanks for your information. I can always learn from anyone.

Great smoking.

Looking good man, if you cant afford another light in the bloom room maybe a light mover would compensate for this grow?

I am going to by another 600 watt. I'm just not sure if I can run that much wattage. I want two 600 watt lights. Currently theres 20 under that one. For now I think will be ok but not for long. Correct me if I'm wrong.

First let me say the little guys are looking nice. ssjric, I've got a question for you as well as others. Seems like you have plenty of head room in there, so why are you so anxious to set them to 12-12? No offence to any of you ladies and gents out there but if height isn't an issue why flower so soon? I have around 6 foot head room and vegged for 3 1/2 months and topped many times before going 12-12. That gave me ladies in the 20" to 24" range that were bushy before swiching to 12-12. Naturally you need head room for the light but once again why so soon? Maybe it's just a personal thing with me but I like to grow 6 bushy 4 foot plants with a higher yield then lots of small short ones with lesser yield. Like I say though, I do understand if head room is a problem. After all I wish I had another 2 foot of headroom. I'd be growing trees. Maybe you fellow growers can teach me and have me change my ways.

Peace

I'm trying to grow more plants in the same amount of space. Faster cycles...

Mokey the yeild should average itself out. Meaning that we go by the amount of sq footage, your big plants have used 2 1/2 months more electric than those of us who do many plants in a short amount of time (using alot less electricity.) A big plant can still only yeild whatever it is geneticly capable of.

Give this a try your next grow, you will be harvesting more in the long run because you will be getting more grows in the same amount of time. Your plants that you are growing right nw to be huge, will yeild close to the same if you had say 30 small clones of them, vegged for a short time, and flowered should equal close to the same of 6 big plants in the same space. Do some reading on SOG style grows.

Yes, Sea of Green(SOG)!!! I love the look of a bunch of small plants!!!

WOW, very very nice. Looks great. I would consider a light mover, great investment.

Could someone explain the benefits of using a light mover over buying another 600 watt light and how to utilize a light mover? Thanks

ssjric said:
Could someone explain the benefits of using a light mover over buying another 600 watt light and how to utilize a light mover? Thanks

Unless you're Tool Time Tim, save the heartaches on the light movers and go buy that other 600w. JMO.

Latest posts

Back