First planting and hydroponic at that...day 1-25

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks TBG, I think I am just an over anxious mom-to-be :eek:

I guess my worry is that with this being my first grow, having had problems with Temp., lighting (my HPS light has been found off during the cycle it should be on, ballast? or bulb? the $1,000,000.00 question ((smile)), etc... I fear I might have a hermie.

111306 Day 49 1 week flowering stage.

Plant is 18” tall. pH 5.7 ppm 1100. Using Dyna-bloom, Top Max bloom stimulater, sugar daddy. HPS 12/12 . Temp 77, Hum 53%.

Obviously my plant is a little behind, I am just starting to see some slight alternating nodes, so hopefully will have it sexed and into bud making this next week.

Lost one clone, other clone is doing ok as far as I can tell. Started to germinate 2 NL seeds hoping that the clone, the 2nd plant and the 2 seeds can be grown together.

Day 49 1 wk fl2.jpg

first planting flowering 1.jpg

It seems like just yesterday that she was a little baby now she is a nice young lady. ;) Everything is looking great. Keep it up can't wait to see some buds.

It's a BOY :mad: . ... what can I do with a male? should I keep growing it until my NLxBB seeds are ready to go into veg and then just use the plant for hash?

ARGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

first grow BOY.jpg

So sorry on the male, I can imagine how you feel, especially with a small grow.:(

I hear they can drop pollen even in veg mode, and that the pollen can be viable for up to 6 months.:eek: I would hack it down now, but being that I am new, you might want a second opinion. I wouldn't wait too much longer though.

I would think you could put him in the freezer for now, and mix him in with your hash scraps later.

So sorry about the male. :( I agree with Eman better hack that mother down and use it later for hash making. Better luck the next time around. :aok:

I probably stressed it so much, being a first time grow and old seeds. I put 10 NL x BB seeds in rockwool cubes...look for my 2nd grow soon! :) Male goes into the freezer! Thanks!

Well, shortly after posting, I went and took a good look and found a male too.:mad: :( A designer seed called 'biggie small' looks to have dreaded pods. Out of 20 plants (potential mothers) about 15 that are preflowering appear to be female. 2 days ago my buddy came by and said they were all female, I guess I jinxed myself by joking that I would never will know what a male looks like.:rolleyes:

Wish I could send you one of these mothers, bummer about the law.

Yeah, sometimes it's the resolution of the shot, but don't worry, your plant will solidly declare itself one sex or the other.

You will be able to see the 'balls' or hairs long before they are pollinating as long as you're regularly checking.

hi ravish just read the 1st page and was in process of replying its male-i can pretty much guess its a male by the stems and the rapidity of growth along with sturdiness of plant.

i know some strains are super duper male like but imho ive guessed correct every time to date.......

unfortuneately the males were mine............

sorry to hear about males dude but dont just go in there and hack them up carefully put a trashcan dustbin bag over the whole plant then take it out of the room then kill the bastard..........

you dont want pollen anywhere in flower room dude.........

alll the best with your next grow dude.

pkj

Don't feel bad I just found two males that I thought would be my best plants. But I still go four more to wait and see.

Most of the studies done on MJ show that Mother Nature has consistently made half Males, half females on an average. I've been lucky and had slightly better odds than that.

If all we got was females, the strains would all die out!

Good luck to all of you with the remainder of your plants. I hope all of them are ladies!

Latest posts

Back