First time grower here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i`d get transplanting m8, that pot is way too small for the size.
lookin good though.

I have to get some more potting soil and make up my mixture this weekend and then I'm going to put all of the larger ones in bigger pots.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty happy with my progress so far for my first attempt.

Here are a couple pics of one of my girls. Looking good? She's 11 days now on the 12/12 light cycle.

43bc5498.jpg

f2a0d87b.jpg

great looking females there dude, very vibrant and healthy.
good work man, keep it up and good luck for flower.

Thanks for the feedback. (I'm not a dude; I'm a dudette).

I've added some more lights recently, and the size of the plants has increased quite a bit. I only have about 3 more feet up space available for them to grow taller, so I hope they stop stretching soon.

While I would love to have a HPS system, I really can't afford one right now and the grow room is only about 3 x 3 x 6, and I can't ventilate it except by leaving the door open. I'm afraid there would be too much heat.

I have about 300 watts with the 5 CFLs which are each 42 watts and the 4 fluorescent tubes I have set up. I think they are doing pretty well only 11 days into the flowering period. I know that my results would be better with a better lighting system though.

doobiedo said:
Thanks for the feedback. (I'm not a dude; I'm a dudette).

sorry about that dudette, lol. yeah you should do great with that amount of cfl`s. some ppl even say that, as you can keep the lights closer,(1-2")
she will produce denser bud.
I use a 400w HPS, although i use cfl`s for the seedling stage, and move them to the HPS at around 3 weeks of breaking the soil surface.
your ladies are lookin great man, keep doin` what you`ve been doing.
it works;) .:bong1: :cool: :bong1:
oh yeah, plants can double, or even triple in size during flower. big stretch coming up for ya, although, cfl`s will keep the size in check. the ladies don`t need to stretch for light.

Thanks Shuggy for your encouragement. Since I'm a first timer, while I think my girls look great, I like to get some feedback from others who have grown already.

I was wondering how long into flowering do you usually start to see buds on the ladies? I have 3 males in a different location that are already dropping pollen and I started them at the same time on the 12/12 lighting cycle. I can't wait to see that first bud, lol.

no probs man, you should begin to see sex at around 2 weeks, even before. i still have a crop growing "cosmic nights", which is showing sex in week 6 veg.All depends on strain, enviroment etc.
expect a 50-50 ratio with males to females, i`ve got lucky and out of a batch of ten, i have 7 gals:) . one hermie:eek: .I`ve got the hermie still growing in another area, i`ll flower him/her now, away from all the others which will be sensimellia.
good luck and if ya need any help/advice:confused2:, give me a shout.
doing great at the moment, especially as it`s your first grow. my first two grows ended in sadness and dissaster. 1st grow i didn`t have a clue and screwed it up big-style, 2nd i got attacked with "spider mites", worse things in the world.whole crop desicrated :mad:.
but, forever onwards and this grow is going good so far, no "major" problems.(yet).
anyway, happy growing.....:stoned: :peace: :stoned:

Sorry, I think I was confused and therefore may have confused you as to what I was asking. I already figured out the sex; I got 5 females and 3 males, but I'm going to pollinate one of the females for seeds. On the pictures that I posted a few posts up, where we see all the white hairs is where the buds will develop on the females, is that correct? Or is that already considered a bud?

YES , that is where the bud WILL develope !

nice grow you got there !! i also us CFL's and 48" fluro's . I'm Gonna kick mine to 12/12 next few days . Good luck , everything looks good so far !

PEACE:D

Thanks, Rolling. That's what I thought, but I wasn't 100% sure.

doobiedo said:
Sorry, I think I was confused and therefore may have confused you as to what I was asking. I already figured out the sex; I got 5 females and 3 males, but I'm going to pollinate one of the females for seeds. On the pictures that I posted a few posts up, where we see all the white hairs is where the buds will develop on the females, is that correct? Or is that already considered a bud?
sorry bout that man, too stoned to read right,lol.they are the future bud sites where you see the "hairs".
if you pollinate one female, how will you stop the transfer of pollin to the rest of the gals? pollin can travel in the air circulation even indoors. i`m worried about my ladies and my hermie is in a different space, far from the sensimellia we want to maintain.:cool: :48: :ccc:

The males and the one female plant are in a different room in a different part of the apartment in another closet.

why do you need males to pollinate one of your gals for seed, when you could just take clones, which will be garaunteed female?? then just continue to take clones from each which means no more seed.

You raise a good question, Shuggy. I never thought about that. Another reason to get rid of the males. Are they good for anything? You can't really smoke the males, can you?

you could make hash? you won`t get much, but it`s better than just binning them.:joint: ;) :joint:

Here are some updated pics of my ladies. Today is their 20th day in flowering. I'm a little bit worried about two of them that have drooping leaves at the bottom. I just watered them about 2 hours ago, so I'm hoping they will perk up, but they seem to be like that all the time. Just the ones at the bottom. The first 2 pics show what I'm talking about.

3bd63284.jpg 783cdd98.jpg

3f22c683.jpg a0b3e177.jpg

0f1b4e31.jpg 653d5655.jpg

74e701ff.jpg 5c2f8522.jpg

0f48d714.jpg

I have more pics here:

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/doobiedo4u/?start=all

they look nice man u know wht strain. i got 2 plants going under 5 43watters and 1 cool light. cfl's rock keep up the good grow

BluntFullOfKush said:
they look nice man u know wht strain. i got 2 plants going under 5 43watters and 1 cool light. cfl's rock keep up the good grow

It's bagseed, so I have no idea what strain it is. I have 5 females; 3 of them look alike and then the other 2 look alike, so I think I have 2 different strains, but I have no clue what they are. They smell skunky though.

Latest posts

Back