Florida Has the Harshest Marijuana Penalties in America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Carrying just one ounce of pot in Florida could get you 5 years in prison and a $5,000 fine. That's by far the harshest penalty on the books in any state in America. Arizona, which has the second toughest sentencing guidelines for being found with an ounce of marijuana will only put you away for 1.5 years with a potential fee of $150,000. Many states will only slap your wrists with a nominal fee or probation, and Alaska, home of Sarah Palin, won't charge you with anything.

Though, the difference is that Florida doesn't have a graduate system. One ounce will get you the same time as four ounces in theory, while in Montana four ounces could put you behind bars for 20 years while one ounce will only get you six months at most, the The Bulletin of Cannabis Reform still ranks Florida as having the toughest marijuana sentencing guidelines in America.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/ygubjqd

The police in Florida are very, very active in looking for pot busts also. It's not like other places where the cops just look the other way. At least not in my area. The cops where I am, LIVE to bust people for pot.

The cops in my area are gung-ho, oinking, snorting pigs. Let there be no doubt about it. If you come to Florida and a cop here busts you for weed, you're going to see at least *some* jail time and some stupid fines.

I hate that part of Florida.

If the fishing here wasn't so damn good, I'd move to California.

I here ya Stoney... I lived in FL in the Orlando area for about a year in '85 for business... At that time if you asked for rolling papers in a convenience store they would tell you "We don't sell drug paraphernalia HERE!" & you'd worry they were taking down your plate # for their donut chomping pals...:cop: I had to go to K-Mart and buy some Top rolling tobacco that came with a pack of papers just to get some papers to roll a joint... I had a friend send me a bunch of packs from back home to last while I finished up my business trip there... I could find weed but papers were a P I T A...:cool:

Yeah, it's a pain in the neck to go to the local head shop. By the time you figure out what to call stuff, they're showing you to the door :hubba:.

You would think we could worry a little more about being the foreclosure and unemployment capital of the country instead.

Evolution,,not working in Florida. They are still stuck in the dark ages with thier Religion.:confused: God told them is was very sinfull to have a good time.:D

StoneyBud said:
The police in Florida are very, very active in looking for pot busts also. It's not like other places where the cops just look the other way. At least not in my area. The cops where I am, LIVE to bust people for pot.

The cops in my area are gung-ho, oinking, snorting pigs. Let there be no doubt about it. If you come to Florida and a cop here busts you for weed, you're going to see at least *some* jail time and some stupid fines.

stoney move next to me I could use a teacher/friend next door. we could smoke out every night after dinner...fun times. get u a mm card..

2Dog said:
stoney move next to me I could use a teacher/friend next door. we could smoke out every night after dinner...fun times. get u a mm card..
2Dog, if I could live on the left coast and grow weed for a living to sell to dispensaries, I'd be in second Heaven.

And to have a beautiful women next door to smoke out with every evening on the porch would just be icing on the cake!

I wish, I wish, I wish, I wish.

Ok, I'm clicking my boots together....

"There's no place like Cali, there's no place like Cali, there's no place like Cali...... it ain't working....damn! :hubba: :D :cool:

Gotta love this place. You can bait the old people out into rush hour traffic with early bird specials and it's perfectly legal. You can drive from Jacksonville to Key West in the left hand lane at 45 MPH--no foul. But you go down to the county lock-up and it's full of kids who got caught with a bud and a bubbler then failed a piss test. Now that's criminal.

Ah, if I were king...

Thank God I don't live in Florida my daughter does but not me . I live where it is green and clean. the air is washed almost daily by rain wind and then warmed with the sun although the winters can be fun and cold it is a great place to live the smell of fir trees in a city that you can actuality smell something other then pollution from cars and trucks and buses and they wonder what causes cancer try the stuff coming out of your exhaust pipes all that carbon. I think we will be legalize some time soon as they are hurting for money so it should happen soon . and if 1033 passes it will be even sooner
thank god oh yeah 1033 is the government has to ask the voters for any increases in funds other then cost of living increases so they just can't do as in the past spend until there is none then force new taxes to pay for what they did and stick us taxpayers for the bill

PencilHead said:
Gotta love this place. You can bait the old people out into rush hour traffic with early bird specials and it's perfectly legal. You can drive from Jacksonville to Key West in the left hand lane at 45 MPH--no foul. But you go down to the county lock-up and it's full of kids who got caught with a bud and a bubbler then failed a piss test. Now that's criminal.

Ah, if I were king...
You speak of us older people as if we were aliens of some sort. If you're lucky, you'll get to be one of us soon enough.

I drive the speed limit or less if conditions dictate. I try not to pick on the 20 somethings that pass me in a heavy rain at 90 mph with no regard for anyone's life, including their own.

I also use the proper lane. I refer to them as the traffic lane and the passing lane. When finished passing someone, I get back out of the passing lane.

Of course, I realize that you were only joking...I hope.

ArtVandolay said:
Yeah, it's a pain in the neck to go to the local head shop. By the time you figure out what to call stuff, they're showing you to the door :hubba:.

You would think we could worry a little more about being the foreclosure and unemployment capital of the country instead.

Hey Art...

So Florida is one of those states that you can't call a 'duck' a mother flippin' duck? About 15 years ago the ATF had shut down all the head shops in Twang Town. :confused: Yup... they hit all the head shops one day and took all their stuff... and most soon closed cuz all they had left was incense, tie-dye fashions, and Quench gum... Some local politician must have called a favor to his buddy at ATF... This was the ONLY city in my state that they did this... Very odd.

So I was in Atlanta one time in the late 90s and I needed a bong. I was driving around and I saw a 'Galaxy' head shop so I went in to see what they had. I walked in and all I managed to get out of my mouth while pointing at something on the shelf was: "Hi. Could I look at that bong?" & the head shop dude was like "WHOA, bud... because you called that device, THAT word, and we don't sell THOSE, you violated our policy and I can't sell anything in our store to you today... :huh: But you can come back tomorrow." I was SO dumbfounded... :confused: I was like "C'mon, man! You GOT to be kidding me!?" They weren't... All I could barely get out of him was directions to another location of their headshop across town (& Atlanta traffic
icon8.gif
)... And he was paranoid to tell me that. What a JOKE...

We finally have headshops here again.... They started trickling back in after a good 10 years without any in town. Now every little Haji Market has a display case with pipes, bongs, hookahs...

Semantics can sure be ridiculous...:cool:

And to think my friends want my to come visit them in Fl. After reading this there is no way I'm traveling down to Fl. I'll just smoke it in Or. until they lighten up their laws in Fl..Peace out

FUM said:
And to think my friends want my to come visit them in Fl. After reading this there is no way I'm traveling down to Fl. I'll just smoke it in Or. until they lighten up their laws in Fl..Peace out
Man, Florida is so far behind everyone else that it'll be 3009 when they finally legalize pot here.

Come visit us here anyway! Millions of Floridians smoke pot. We just don't let the pigs know us. :hubba: :D :cool:

:rofl::yeahthat:. I would have to guess we're 2nd behind Cali in cultivation. They bust a grow house a week in my corner of paradise :hubba:.

I'm in one of those northern states that ships them oldies down there for the winter. Wait I don't go south. LOL

StoneyBud said:
You speak of us older people as if we were aliens of some sort. If you're lucky, you'll get to be one of us soon enough.

I drive the speed limit or less if conditions dictate. I try not to pick on the 20 somethings that pass me in a heavy rain at 90 mph with no regard for anyone's life, including their own.

I also use the proper lane. I refer to them as the traffic lane and the passing lane. When finished passing someone, I get back out of the passing lane.

Of course, I realize that you were only joking...I hope.

Stoney, I are them already. I just use the sunshine state for schtick to keep my frustrated head from exploding. I'd bet large you don't ride that left lane nor participate in early bird specials unless they're worth the rush hour push. I, as you, am fairly retired and avoid crowds and tourists at all costs. Peace and tranquility.

ArtVandolay said:
:rofl::yeahthat:. I would have to guess we're 2nd behind Cali in cultivation. They bust a grow house a week in my corner of paradise :hubba:.

Dad, they say we're number one in cultivation now. I don't know who's the THEY that's counting, but there's a lotta select reefer around my neck o' the woods.

PH, they have a Wed fried chicken earlybird to kill for here, a mile from me.

The pieces look like they got cut from an ostrich.

Some tater salad, tossed salad, baked beans....oh yeah.

stoney ur making me hungry...I am too tired to cook maybe a sandwhich tonight. now what kind....

StoneyBud said:

Maybe you should consider Washington State? Liberal laws, medical cards, clinics and dispensary's, good weather for bud, cheep houses, good jobs, low crime, good schools and GREAT fishing...different fish here tho, you have to like salmon and bass and cod. Colder water.

Latest posts

Back