Flours,But want hps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subnaum

Reaction score
Ok guys the box that im working with is 36in long,24in high and 21in deep. I was planing on getting a flouro set up that Hempgoddess had suggested to me. Im growing Lowryders. Now I know I can do this jus fine an it will work. Problem is, im not really sure that im gonna get the results that Im looking for. What I asking is Do you think that I can fit a HPS or Mh Light in there?:confused: I really wana grow quilty greens my freinds. I know Id have to use a cool tube and run ventilation, but is that really allot more work?? Im already running pvc to the attic for my inline fan and my fresh air in. Its in a closet, so Im tryin to keep it low key.
The biggest concern to my wife is that Im gonna burn it up. Like set Flames to the friggin house. Def do no wana do that so I m really lookin for someone with some insight on using HID lights in small spaces. Thanks my friends!:48:

IMO there is no way you can use a HPS even with a cool tube in 24" of Height. Cooltube dia 6" + 12" of Soil +6" for the plant to grow in+ 24" and no room for any bud growth

Ok but what If i do this. Theres a mini cool tube design post on this forum. What If i take 4 of these hxxp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&productId=100405569&navFlow=3&keyword=hps%2Blight&langId=-1&searchRedirect=hps+light&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.beans.EndecaDataBean%401bf9939d&ddkey=Search
And did the same thing, but made 2, would that be a possiblility?

Your link is broken Sub. Don't know what it was but I can't think of anything but CFL's for that tight a space bro. I'd probably look for a slightly larger space so that I could use 4' fluoros if height is that much of a problem.
You can grow a plant in anything, but the yeild will suffer if not lighted properly.

Turn your box around??? 36" high.. not mych more room up but it will allow a better light to go in... even a cool tube, small DWC.. that would wrk...

or the way you have it now and get yourself 2 pyrex baking rounds and make your own cool tubes. and HID lights THG jas a great DIY thread on MP...

go 2 70w or 2 150w and run em side by side... just a thougth...
but i would turn your box around... and look for another..hehe
play safe and take care
LH

The box I have is already built, its a old trunk.I guess that Im going to have to use cfls. I looked at some pics here and they really dont look too bad.. Im sure as long as i grow it and its my own, I will love it. Thanks everyone!!

Subnaum said:
The box I have is already built, its a old trunk.I guess that Im going to have to use cfls. I looked at some pics here and they really dont look too bad.. Im sure as long as i grow it and its my own, I will love it. Thanks everyone!!

CFLs? Why? Have you looked at the T5s? You can get T5 fixtures that are less than 4"--lower profile than CFLs. By the time you purchase CFLs, splitters, and reflectors you are going to be in more than if you just purchase a couple of HO T5s. They put out more lumens per watt than any of the other fluoros.

2 ft is just impossible. Like Ozzydiodude said. You need room for the pot, even if you use a low profile lamp like a T5 you still need 6" for that and clearance, leaving 6" high plant! That's basically the cotlydons and two nodes. You're never going to get that into flower in the height available.
Forget using the trunk. Get some 1/8 ply and some 1" battens and build a small grow room about 3 ft sq. Or use a grow tent!

Im sorry I didnt mean cfl I meant the light that I had origanlly planed. the t5 One on htg. Im gonna use lst so Im not really worried about the plants height. I def want a bigger space someday, but right now its not an option. thanks guys.

To cleat things up Ill be using 2 110watt T5 2lamp set up. Its 10,000 lumens per lamp.

Latest posts

Back